Joey_espo

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
So I joined the Stinger Off road Ambassador program and have been receiving products to try and use. I got a little carried away with their cameras lol. my jeep gladiator currently has a total of 6 cameras). Yes I was asked to do post/ reviews of the products and I went ahead and made YouTube videos for some of the items. This post is for a few of the items all in one spot in case anyone has questions or interest. I installed these all myself in my driveway (I am no mechanic).... and all are specific for the Jeep JL/JT.

I have also seen post about people asking about the Stinger off-road affiliate program and I highly recommend it. Some people were worried that it is a scam / not legitimate etc...To help build my YouTube I went ahead and even made a DIY review of the program. If interested check out my YouTube channel. All these items are available on their website through my link, they also gave me a code to use "joseph10" which will give anyone %10 off: https://stingeroffroad.rfrl.co/2q1do .... that's it for my brief sales pitch:

After having the Heigh 10 installed I added their blind spot cameras. My personal review is that these should be stock! the location is perfect for removing the doors and still having the cameras. I posted a quick DYI you tube video below. They activate when I use my turn signal and display full screen on the 10" heigh10 head unit.

I received a front mounted infrared camera. I mounted it in my front bumper. I can manually turn it on/ off through the head unit. Its a good camera that does the job. Also posted a DIY YouTube vid.

One of my favorite is the dvr rear view mirror. if records both forward and wherever you place the other camera (I did rear facing, but debated having it in the cab for a interior security camera). This also automatically begins recording when a impact is felt (even pulling my door handle activates it). the video is clear and easy to playback right on the mirror. It is a clean install in the factory location.

Another item I received was their 6.5" speakers which I installed in my sound bar using the SSV works adapter kit. Now Stinger offers their own version of an adapter kit (was unavailable when I did this upgrade) which allows the addition of larger speakers in the sound bar and retains a factory look grill.
Sponsored

teamblkdog

First Name
Christy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
christykintzel.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Alu-Cab Canopy Camper
Occupation
visual designer
Curious if you need to remove the top in order to install the dvr rearview mirror?

OP
OP
Joey_espo

Joey_espo

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Curious if you need to remove the top in order to install the dvr rearview mirror?
nope just the interior plastic trim to remove the 3 oem bolts to install the new mirror.

OM Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Jeep Soon
Could you please link to the rearview camera? Also, where did you place the rear facing camera that feeds to the mirror? Is there a lot of running wires through the cabin for this to work?

OP
OP
Joey_espo

Joey_espo

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Could you please link to the rearview camera? Also, where did you place the rear facing camera that feeds to the mirror? Is there a lot of running wires through the cabin for this to work?
https://stingeroffroad.rfrl.co/2q1do

it was pretty basic 12v +/- and a small gps box (for gps speed feature) down to the head unit for a power source and a single wire for the extra camera (backup). one camera is built into the mirror. I believe I could splice into the reverse wire so it would come on automatically; however I used a constant 12v so the back camera is always available.

Sponsored

Advntrbound

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I really want the head unit but the $500 premium for the gladiator bezel turns me off.

OP
OP
Joey_espo

Joey_espo

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Joey_espo

Joey_espo

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone kid interested the heigh10 is on sale plus my discount code works on the same price (joseph10) bringing it down to just over $1,500 😳

https://stingeroffroad.rfrl.co/2q1do

25E61264-0483-4BF7-A343-B60717436B89.png

Imbuere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Any chance you can pair multiple cameras to the rear view camera?

Id love to have it normally show the rear, blindside when the blinkers are on, and selectable front and underbody cameras. I’d pay a lot for that capability in a rear view mirror.

OP
OP
Joey_espo

Joey_espo

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Any chance you can pair multiple cameras to the rear view camera?

Id love to have it normally show the rear, blindside when the blinkers are on, and selectable front and underbody cameras. I’d pay a lot for that capability in a rear view mirror.
it has split display (front Built in camera and a input for the 2nd camera which is meant for backup). It doesn’t have any provisions for more cameras but stinger off-road does have a 4 channel dvr system that inter grated to the heigh 10 system.
Sponsored