Sponsored

Adding adaptive cruise control after purchase?

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Can this be done? I’ve seen posts where the wiring for it is present in the cowl already. I believe the Tazer has the option to disable it. What else is needed?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Can this be done? I’ve seen posts where the wiring for it is present in the cowl already. I believe the Tazer has the option to disable it. What else is needed?
You need the camera, the radar unit, the box they mount in, and the rear view mirror to replace the existing one. There are also the computer boxes to go with it, that do all the image processing and tie into the brake, throttle, and other systems.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
From a safety and liability perspective I wouldn’t do it myself. From a cost stand point it would likely be better to sell yours and get one with it.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
You need the camera, the radar unit, the box they mount in, and the rear view mirror to replace the existing one. There are also the computer boxes to go with it, that do all the image processing and tie into the brake, throttle, and other systems.
Plus I believe they need to be calibrated which requires the FCA software to set it all.

This is highly unlikely to be easily and safely added after purchase. I purposely wanted a Jeep without it but I like to be in control of my vehicle
Sponsored