Sponsored

Adding Power Locks to a Sport - Success !

OP
OP
jeep1

jeep1

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 JLURX
Oh wow... way different setup for XY315 on a 2023 than on my 2020....

Yes, Pin 8 to Pin 26 and Pin 3 to Pin 27

On XY315 - Pin 8 is "door lock control", Pin 3 is "Door unlock control"
On XY600A - Pin 26 is "door lock control", Pin 27 is "Door unlock control"

You should double check the pin outs on http://connectors.dcctools.com
Sponsored

Enclavet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport
Yes looks like its different for 2023. Anyway I updated my spreadsheet, let me know if that is right. Slight change, for the drivers side connector XY600A I change 27 to Pin 4 on XY315A as that is for FRONT DRIVER DOOR UNLOCK.

OP
OP
jeep1

jeep1

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 JLURX
Yes looks like its different for 2023. Anyway I updated my spreadsheet, let me know if that is right. Slight change, for the drivers side connector XY600A I change 27 to Pin 4 on XY315A as that is for FRONT DRIVER DOOR UNLOCK.
Looks right based on the connector specs.

Enclavet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport
Wired everything up and installed everything. The pins are a little tricky to crimp and you need to ensure the back crimp is perfect for the pins to go all the way through to the connectors.

Anyway I have Lock Control through the BCM (Lock and Unlock) for all the doors but the interior switches and the passive entry are not working. Either I wired something up wrong or I'm missing something. Not too much of a big deal for my purposes as I plan to install a Compustar system and lock/unlock can be done through the can bus.

Curious if you were able to wire everything up and have interior switches/passive entry working).

Sponsored

Patsfan5433

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Willy S
Occupation
Retired
I couldn’t get my interior switch to work either. When I wired in the passenger side, my jeep didn’t like it and went crazy (dash was flashing, wipers on). I ended up removing the wiring and dropped it off at the dealership this AM. Jeep 1 Me 0. Planning on installing a Idata keyless entry and remote start as well

Enclavet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport
Ah that's too bad. Wish you were in Socal, would love to help in person.

The switches actually needs a few more wires to work. Was reviewing the wiring diagram and 2 wires are needed, one to light up the switch when it's dark. PANEL LIGHT DRIVER, I spliced this in from the light switch, orange/grey wire. The other one is pin 29,30 for Driver/Passenger Switch Status from XY313A, big connector next to XY315A. Needs different pins which I ordered and will report back on status.

Patsfan5433

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
The dealership punted because they would have to do everything OEM, was worth a shot. Now it’s back to pinning and wiring myself. OlllllO

OP
OP
jeep1

jeep1

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 JLURX
I can't tell you how happy I was to have the full harness already ... wonder when they started doing specific harnesses ?

My 2020 Sport had the full harnesses to the doors so for me it really was just replacing the guts inside the doors. But, I don't seem to have all the wiring to the rear tailgate (still tracking that one down in my spare time) and I was missing some obvious stuff like not having the additional wire per headlight for the halos (I bought the Mopar kit for those).

One of these days I'm going to figure out what's REALLY involved to do the power windows.... (new door panels, internal carrier panel, the motors, wiring/switches for front and rear console.) but I suspect its going to be like doing the OEM off-road camera ... lots of time, money and cabling.....

Patsfan5433

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Ah that's too bad. Wish you were in Socal, would love to help in person.

The switches actually needs a few more wires to work. Was reviewing the wiring diagram and 2 wires are needed, one to light up the switch when it's dark. PANEL LIGHT DRIVER, I spliced this in from the light switch, orange/grey wire. The other one is pin 29,30 for Driver/Passenger Switch Status from XY313A, big connector next to XY315A. Needs different pins which I ordered and will report back on status.
Which pins did you end up having to purchase? Might as well order some for myself.

Sponsored

Enclavet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport
These are the pins: 7-1452668-1 but I wouldn't order them yet. The actual pins from Yazaki require a 20k min order so I found something on Mouser that might work judging from the measurements of an existing pin and the schematic on Mouser. But not 100 percent sure it will work. Good news is that I will be getting them tomorrow (overnighted them) and can let you know if they work.

I'll update the table also with all the new pins required for the switch. Otherwise the table I posted is working fine for lock/unlock control and passive entry.

Patsfan5433

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I can't tell you how happy I was to have the full harness already ... wonder when they started doing specific harnesses ?

My 2020 Sport had the full harnesses to the doors so for me it really was just replacing the guts inside the doors. But, I don't seem to have all the wiring to the rear tailgate (still tracking that one down in my spare time) and I was missing some obvious stuff like not having the additional wire per headlight for the halos (I bought the Mopar kit for those).

One of these days I'm going to figure out what's REALLY involved to do the power windows.... (new door panels, internal carrier panel, the motors, wiring/switches for front and rear console.) but I suspect its going to be like doing the OEM off-road camera ... lots of time, money and cabling.....
power windows is my next "project". They do make caps to cover the hand crank holes.

Patsfan5433

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

Just got the dash switch for the windows today from ebay. $50, couldn’t pass it up

IMG_0723.jpeg

Patsfan5433

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
You da man, thank you
Sponsored