Sponsored

Adding power windows and locks to a base Gladiator after sale?

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
Hi All,

I have the perfect jeep modeled at Gupton aside from two little facts - power door locks and windows. Has anyone added power doors and locks after the fact? I see there are Wrangler kits online, but I am not sure if anyone has bought them and installed for a Gladiator.

I would hate to have to pay nearly $5k more simply for power windows/locks. Thats truly the only option I am missing that I want.

https://www.quadratec.com/categories/jeep-doors-hardware/door-accessories/power-window-lock-kits
^^^ Windows and Lock kits

https://www.a1electric.com/Merchant...PROD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=JE-JK1117-4
^^^^ Power Window kit

https://www.a1electric.com/Merchant...OD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=JE-JK0717-LK4
^^^^ Power locks/keyless entry for Wrangler
Sponsored

OP
OP
Matts4313

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
Bump - do we maybe have forum sponsors that sell the parts and might know what is needed?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Bump - do we maybe have forum sponsors that sell the parts and might know what is needed?
Check with Benny - allmoparparts dot com or something like that. GREAT to deal with.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Doubt it can be done OEM and not cost a lot of money and require programming from the dealer, aftermarket is probably your only cost effective solution but it won’t integrate as well as OEM, locks are pretty easy the power windows are a lot more complicated.

Sponsored

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Not much help, as I first pondered this upgrade, and am now at peace with manual locks/windows.

There is a door lock kit available that fits our trucks, around ~$300 if I recall.

But, once I had my truck, I realized it's not that important for how I use it. I'm often open top or doors off, and then, even in the winter, will still have a soft top.....

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
What about finding a set of doors in the junkyard with PW and PL? That'll get you that hardware, then you just have to figure out the harnesses inside the Jeep.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
What about finding a set of doors in the junkyard with PW and PL? That'll get you that hardware, then you just have to figure out the harnesses inside the Jeep.

That will be the most cost effective way, otherwise get ready for a backorder nightmare. Basically like @be77solo stated, manual door locks and windows are really not that difficult to live with. On my TJ I could raise/lower the passenger window with ease, even while driving; although the rear windows on a JT is another problem. At least you have AC, heat, and a radio, those used to be big ticket options for my parents vehicle when I was a child.

OP
OP
Matts4313

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
That will be the most cost effective way, otherwise get ready for a backorder nightmare. Basically like @be77solo stated, manual door locks and windows are really not that difficult to live with. On my TJ I could raise/lower the passenger window with ease, even while driving; although the rear windows on a JT is another problem. At least you have AC, heat, and a radio, those used to be big ticket options for my parents vehicle when I was a child.
I am somewhat considering doing uber - simply because working from home is getting old and I want some social interaction. But that involves getting pw/pl I think. Not sure I could live without them.
Sponsored