OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
The thread title was "additional costs for more fun in a Jeep." If (Rubicon) then "additional costs = OP proposed additional cost-7600"

IOW, if you buy a Rubicon, you don't have to spend $7600 of that cost you outline after buying the Rubicon. Adding in Rubicon price differences from a Sport doesn't apply. If one wants a Rubicon, and they are willing to pay that cost, then that is the base cost.
Sure, if you want to see it that way. The same logic applies to the other add-ons, if someone wants those features, they'll pay them. My point was that if you want to have all the "features" folks have on their modded rigs, that is about the least you'll spend. Getting a rubi is more expensive than buying a Sport and adding the lockers and disconnecting sway bars. But you keep seeing things how you want, go you!
Sponsored

pdril

First Name
tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
nuclear chemist
I haven't even bought a Gladiator yet and I'm already budgeting for over $15k in mods/accessories. And that's without deciding on a front bumper :CWL: .
I saw a good bumper sticker the other day. says.. my jeep won a war. you honda cuts my lawn. cant wait to see your new jeep. i love my gladiator.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
It's been about a year since I made this thread. I will say adding the 35" tires, winch, and rock rails HAS made my JT more fun. Aside from the 35" tires allowing me to go more places with less scraping, the winch has helped recover other rigs. Much fun. Would recommend. I've gone through some spots where Yota's with lockers got stuck, the BLD and open diffs rock. Still no need for a lift, the only reason I'd consider one is for the extra water fording depth, but it's countered by the higher center of gravity.

Conclusion: some mods add more fun than others.
Sponsored