Sponsored

Additional Transmission Cooler for 8-Speed

arm438

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hi guys. Hope everyone is doing great.

Recently I learned that Jeep provides an Additional transmission oil cooler for vehicles equipped with the Tow package.

My vehicle is not equipped with the tow package, but I wanted to add the additional transmission cooler from Mopar.

Has anyone tried to install this additional transmission cooler, if yes I’d greatly appreciate some help on what would be required.

Thank You
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I was under the impression all the Jeep Gladiator models got the same transmission cooler. Just with tow packages, they added a larger cooling fan.

OP
OP

arm438

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hi
In addition there is also a transmission cooler radiator that is mounted in the front of the car.
I am interested in knowing if anyone has fitted this on the car after as a add on and not from the factory.
Thank you

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Hi
In addition there is also a transmission cooler radiator that is mounted in the front of the car.
I am interested in knowing if anyone has fitted this on the car after as a add on and not from the factory.
Thank you
You may want to check out what it takes to fill these and check the fluid level before messing with it - especially since you won't need it unless you get into some serious extremes or try to tow too much too fast. They are "semi-sealed" and you have to go through quite a process to add fluid and check fluid from under the truck.
There's no dipstick or easy access.
Have you checked the transmission temperature as you were running it? (the gauges in the truck's cluster)
Sponsored