Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
I am curious. When I was buying my Jeep, I purposely stayed away from any vehicle that had any of the nanny features, advanced safety, adaptive cruise, auto whatever. My rationale was that the front bumper was going away, I was putting a lift on and swapping out the rims and tires at a minimum and adding a bunch of weight up front with the winch. My wife's Volvo has all kinds of these features (and I like them) but they are based on the stock dynamics and parts of the vehicle and if I was to molest them, they wouldn't work or be nearly as effective. I am curious to know if people have modded their Advanced Safety- technology rigs and how they have dealt with the change in vehicle dynamics.
Sponsored

teleportJeep

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
My Overland has all of the safety features. By changing out the front bumper, 35" tires and a 1.5" leveling kit didn't affect any of them since the camera/sensors are behind the rear-view mirror.
I would think a high lift kit may require some adjustments, but I don't know.

OP
OP
Indavis01

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
My Overland has all of the safety features. By changing out the front bumper, 35" tires and a 1.5" leveling kit didn't affect any of them since the camera/sensors are behind the rear-view mirror.
I would think a high lift kit may require some adjustments, but I don't know.
I wonder if something like JSCAN can adjust the field of vision for these sensors. I know on Teslas and Volvo's they mention that if you change out tire and wheel size and "rake" is adjusted that they need to be recalibrated. Could the recalibration be done as part of the resizing of the tires in the computer?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I am curious. When I was buying my Jeep, I purposely stayed away from any vehicle that had any of the nanny features, advanced safety, adaptive cruise, auto whatever. My rationale was that the front bumper was going away, I was putting a lift on and swapping out the rims and tires at a minimum and adding a bunch of weight up front with the winch. My wife's Volvo has all kinds of these features (and I like them) but they are based on the stock dynamics and parts of the vehicle and if I was to molest them, they wouldn't work or be nearly as effective. I am curious to know if people have modded their Advanced Safety- technology rigs and how they have dealt with the change in vehicle dynamics.
I purposely bought my JTR without the nanny shit, as well. I have heard that the features can get kind of screwy off-roading and interfere with each other.
Sponsored