AEV Jeep Gladiator Build [SEMA 2019]

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rover, JKU on Roids, JL, JLU, JT
I just checked with the AEV guys in their SEMA booth and they expect the first Gladiator products to launch early 2020.
Does this include Suspension?

Thanks for all the coverage of SEMA
Sponsored

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
Does this include Suspension?
Would love to know that too. It was odd in his video that he said the "extra load" spring package would be shortly behind the "already" new lift he was proud of. But never said a date for the release of said 2.5" lift....

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rover, JKU on Roids, JL, JLU, JT
Would love to know that too. It was odd in his video that he said the "extra load" spring package would be shortly behind the "already" new lift he was proud of. But never said a date for the release of said 2.5" lift....

DITTO:like:

MoparDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR manual /2023 ZLE manual /2018 Demon #1399
Regarding a product launch date, the AEV guys told us at SEMA that they expect the first Gladiator parts to be released early 2020.

I cant wait!!!
I love the AEV stuff.

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
I’m local to AEV and have attended a big local open house event they did recently. At that time it was mentioned to expect the 2.5” JT suspension and Front bumper by February. I already asked, they are working on a solution for the trail cam. Should be easy for them to do well, and price at a premium.

Sponsored

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Good info. The for sharing

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Their suspension kit is definitely my new front runner, depending on how it is priced. At first I hated the AEV front bumper, and then I loved it, but with it blocking the trail cam, I think I'll pass.

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
Their suspension kit is definitely my new front runner, depending on how it is priced. At first I hated the AEV front bumper, and then I loved it, but with it blocking the trail cam, I think I'll pass.
Could you elaborate on why it’s your front runner? I’ve been heavily researching lifts and was very happy with my previous AEV lifted JK, but I can’t find anything about what they’re going to offer for the JT. I know I want a bushing-based system over heim joints given my expected on/off-road balance, appetite for suspension noise and maintenance.

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
First, AEV has had a Jeep truck around for years (The Brute) so if anyone has already spent time tuning a suspension for a Jeep truck it's the AEV team.

I haven't seen details but I'm expecting the exact same front setup as their JL lift. Basically stock control arm relocation brackets. The "magic" of the AEV lift usually is in their spring/shock package. They generally spend a considerable amount of time making them really really good. Dave has a way making a great spring/shock combo. That's my expectation based on what I've seen. So who knows maybe they will come out with something completely different. However I do think I heard it called their "Dualsport" suspension so based on that I'd assume it's similar to the JL one.

Sponsored

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
First, AEV has had a Jeep truck around for years (The Brute) so if anyone has already spent time tuning a suspension for a Jeep truck it's the AEV team.

I haven't seen details but I'm expecting the exact same front setup as their JL lift. Basically stock control arm relocation brackets. The "magic" of the AEV lift usually is in their spring/shock package. They generally spend a considerable amount of time making them really really good. Dave has a way making a great spring/shock combo. That's my expectation based on what I've seen. So who knows maybe they will come out with something completely different. However I do think I heard it called their "Dualsport" suspension so based on that I'd assume it's similar to the JL one.
I support the logic, I was just curious if more information had surfaced about the kit. :)

Reactions: jrf

Kross

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 W250, 2006 XK
I love that green. Would get that color for sure if Jeep came out with it

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot

For the price, they don’t skimp on the engineering...but the loss of ground clearance from those Geometry Correction Brackets concerns me. Of course, I’ve not installed a lift on my last couple Jeeps at all, trying to maintain an LCG, so my perspective wasn’t gained from experience on a trail, just driveway installs on other people’s Jeeps

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
but the loss of ground clearance from those Geometry Correction Brackets concerns me.
Agreed, I've never considered the AEV lifts to be for your hardcore rock guy. They still use the stock bushings and setup which aren't going to give you nearly the flex a lot of the higher end aftermarket lifts will. The AEV lift design is to get you the lift you need for some larger tires while generally improving on the on-road ride you got from the factory. Which for most installing lifts, the on-road time in the Jeep is 99.5% of the miles.

I, like you, prefer a lower COG if possible. AEV subscribes to this also hence their original TJ highline kit. Now we have a JT Rubicon using higher fenders that fits 35s with NO lift and 37s with 2". I'd say that's keeping a pretty low COG.

The fact that you said you haven't installed a lift on your last few Jeeps says a lot. Meaning...you really don't need to anymore for your average occasional off-roader. Throw 35s on a Rubicon JL/JT and you've got a Jeep that most were trying to built 20 years ago just to get that!! 35s were considered huge back then. If you really aren't trying to do gnarly trails...you're done. Did a quick search and found this..which made me laugh - What do you need to do to put 35s on a TJ

Now however...you can literally just put them on your stock wheels on a Rubicon.

Last edited:

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Agreed, AEV seems to have figured out how to make a lifted JK (my only experience) drive better on road than stock, while still performing decent off road (for my type of trails, at least). Are there better suspensions for rock crawling? Absolutely, but when I get the JT, it will replace my daily driver and be an occasional weekend warrior/camping rig; it will see some decent trails, but I doubt it will often see serious rocks.

I need to know it will handle great on the road, so knowing how AEV's designs work both on and off road makes it a contender for me (and likely great for 95% of JT owners).
Sponsored