Confirmed these will work on JT Diesel.

p/n 50-70062T & 52-10005R
Sponsored

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Eco-Diesel 3.0 (td)
Confirmed these will work on JT Diesel.

p/n 50-70062T & 52-10005R
Can you advise how you know that the aFe 50-70062T will fit a 2021 Gladiator eco-diesel? It makes total sense that it should but would like to be sure before I spend $450. I tried calling but the person on the phone was not sure.

T

OP
OP
bigjmain

bigjmain

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Tech
Can you advise how you know that the aFe 50-70062T will fit a 2021 Gladiator eco-diesel? It makes total sense that it should but would like to be sure before I spend $450. I tried calling but the person on the phone was not sure.

T
aFe confirmed

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
aFe confirmed
Thanks for the quick reply. I have already ordered their BladeRunner 3 inch aluminum H/C charge pipe kit. Would love your thoughts on which to go with either 50-70062T or 52-10005R?

Again, thank you for your time.

Sponsored

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
aFe confirmed
One last question since you seem to be in the know.. Thoughts on exhaust for the td? I have not been able to find anything yet.

Not my first jeep (actually 7th since '87) but this is my first diesel. I had one of the first JT's produced and sold it after a year for the diesel. I have always upgraded intake/exhaust in my TJ/JK & gas JT. Love the sound and extra bump without all the factory strangulation.

OP
OP
bigjmain

bigjmain

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Tech
Check out the momentum. Also, I wouldnt worry about exaust. It would be for sound only. Intake and exhaust dont do much for turbos...

bentrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
Use what makes you happy.
However in my own experience with using anyone's oil type air filter was always a mess.
I really don't like how that oil coats the intake, including the MAF sensor too.
Remember - a Diesel takes in a tremendous amount of air, way beyond any turbo gas engine.
Proper cleaning and reoiling is chore. Prolonged or improper cleaning will result in a "dusted" engine - that is, dirt that gets by the filter and makes bore scoring, kills the piston rings.
In my last Diesel pick up I use the S&B air cleaner system with the "D" option for dry type. The filter is NOT washable at all. When it gets dirty install a fresh clean one. Safe and effective.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
After waiting for months, I think my AFE intake is going to be delivered here to me next week. I got a mystery text from FedEx saying a package from Moreno Valley, CA is headed my way, and when I Google AFE's headquarters it pops up on the map not very far away from there. So I'm guessing this could be my intake. FINALLY. Fingers crossed....

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@WXman Did your intake ever show up?
It's on a FedEx truck that supposedly left California a long time ago. Today was the scheduled delivery date....surprise surprise it didn't show up. Typical for FedUp.

Maybe tomorrow.

Or the next day.

Or...

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Curious if they fixed the rubber snorkel issue getting sucked into the intake. It was too soft and would collapse under boost

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Curious if they fixed the rubber snorkel issue getting sucked into the intake. It was too soft and would collapse under boost
I plan to run without it anyhow because unless you're hitting rivers at 35 MPH it's totally unnecessary and it only inhibits airflow. Plus, when I took the rubber seal off my factory intake my IATs decreased which clearly means it's pulling in fresher air now.

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
I plan to run without it anyhow because unless you're hitting rivers at 35 MPH it's totally unnecessary and it only inhibits airflow. Plus, when I took the rubber seal off my factory intake my IATs decreased which clearly means it's pulling in fresher air now.
Interesting your IATs dropped. You would think they would increase as it would draw heated air from inside the engine?!? Hmm good to know. Wish we had more options for 3.0cm, pretty slim pickings.
Sponsored