First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
CEO HomeSweetCity
So I got 2020 Gladiator Sport the first edition…. I got mine in 2019 and I love it!!!! But after 22,000 miles my jeep makes this engine rattle like tapping 2 Wrench together very gentle It only last like 8-10 seconds the noise when I just start to moved sometimes when I’m going up hill or even in flat and time to time when I’m going over 40; I don’t get any Engine light on message…. So im reaching out to see if any one had a problem like this, my Truck is at jeep dealership for 2 days to try to find out what is this noise but they cannot find anything I even use gas 73 since I got the truck, time to time I go fishing of road but nothing major and is driving me crazy this little rattle….
Sponsored

DREDnot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2012 Chevy Caprice PPV, 1998 M1123
Occupation
Centurion, Earth Occupation Forces
Sounds like spark knock. Mine does it even on "91 octane".
Ive talked to a few others that notice it on theirs as well.
My bet is lean mixtures and too high a gear for maximum gas mileage.
It happens at the usual spark knock inducing moments...slight grade and trying to maintain speed. Just enough throttle to maintain speed but not enough to downshift and speed up.
Some times I can just manually shift down one gear to make the knock stop with higher rpm

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
When's the last time you changed the oil? As the 0-20w breaks down the cam phazers will not phaze all the way into position. At start up the truck runs really rich for 8 -10 seconds and the intake and exhaust valve need to be in scavenging position or it rattles a bit. Also of the oil got dirty enough before you changed it the phazers can get dirty and they need to be ran theough a cleaning cycle, your dealer's scan tool has the capability to do this.

OP
OP
AlejandroFuentes
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
CEO HomeSweetCity
Sounds like spark knock. Mine does it even on "91 octane".
Ive talked to a few others that notice it on theirs as well.
My bet is lean mixtures and too high a gear for maximum gas mileage.
It happens at the usual spark knock inducing moments...slight grade and trying to maintain speed. Just enough throttle to maintain speed but not enough to downshift and speed up.
Some times I can just manually shift down one gear to make the knock stop with higher rpm

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlejandroFuentes
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
CEO HomeSweetCity
When's the last time you changed the oil? As the 0-20w breaks down the cam phazers will not phaze all the way into position. At start up the truck runs really rich for 8 -10 seconds and the intake and exhaust valve need to be in scavenging position or it rattles a bit. Also of the oil got dirty enough before you changed it the phazers can get dirty and they need to be ran theough a cleaning cycle, your dealer's scan tool has the capability to do this.

OP
OP
AlejandroFuentes
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
CEO HomeSweetCity
Also this is very helpful the noise rattle is basically time to time not always but at list 3-4 times a day I use my truck for work, I do short stops driving around DC and in the weekend we drive to Delawere and that is 220 miles back and for so the truck runs

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
How is the noise on a cold startup?

Have been more than a few instances of incorrectly installed roller rockers that will cause a tapping noise that gets worse the longer it wears in.

OP
OP
AlejandroFuentes
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
CEO HomeSweetCity
How is the noise on a cold startup?

Have been more than a few instances of incorrectly installed roller rockers that will cause a tapping noise that gets worse the longer it wears in.
No the noise is when I’m on a stop and I take off so I will say under 20 miles per hour it sounds also when I’m going on flat road up 40 it sounds so not sure what’s doing it
Sponsored