Sponsored

After Market Tow options

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
Me AGAIN
The one thing I wanted, that didn’t come on my JT, the tow package, hitch and larger fan. Is there a good after market option? If so do you know an estimated cost and cost of install?
thanks in advance
Sponsored

OP
OP

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
Ok. This seriously sounds stupid but this video just made me happy! I think I can actually DO THIS!! I’ve been afraid of being incapable of self “mods” and missing out on that part of Jeep Life...more so out of the intimidation factor than anything....this video makes it attainable! Love that it’s step by step, straightforward and absolutely no attitude!!

Thanks for sharing the information and Without making me feel like a total idiot!!

I’m excited for my Jeep on an entirely different level right now!!

OP
OP

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Small business owner
Oh BTW sometimes it IS fun to laugh at yourself or someone else...I hope you get a good chuckle...before looking at these I couldn’t fathom how you could add a hitch with the damn spare tire in the way...Linear thinking...duh!! Lol!!

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Etrailer is a gold mine for towing bits. Id spend the coin on the factory towing harness though.

The fan can be done over the counter, should be a simple swap in swap out affair.

How much trailering to you expect to be doing? Might want to invest in a front hitch to make trailer parking/maneuvering a snap.

OP
OP

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Small business owner
Etrailer is a gold mine for towing bits. Id spend the coin on the factory towing harness though.

The fan can be done over the counter, should be a simple swap in swap out affair.

How much trailering to you expect to be doing? Might want to invest in a front hitch to make trailer parking/maneuvering a snap.
Truthfully, not a lot of towing BUT we do have a horse and I’m part of a group that volunteers for emergency towing if/when California fires threaten stables.
It’s more for peace of mind, the idea that I “can” if needed. We were stupid sold our old Chevy and won’t be getting a new full size truck for 6 months to a year so I’d like to have a the ability “just in case”

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Well in that case a front hitch may or may not be a major help but they make maneuvering trailers so easy.

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I put on the stock class IV hitch myself. Took awhile, and learned a ton of lessons. There's a thread on it in the towing section.

Sponsored

OP
OP

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Small business owner
Thank you. I’ll go check it out.

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ

sarcasm

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
The install is pretty easy. I used the jack to hold it in place and was able to do it without any help. Mine already had all the required wiring for the hitch. Was backordered at the dealer so picked up an OEM on Amazon for less than $300.

For my use case the extra cooling and alternator would not be necessary. My outstanding question would be the tow rating now that the factory hitch is on. The door still reflect that stupid bumper ball hitch setup.

The hard part was throwing away the original setup but good steel for recycling was its only use case.

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
The hard part was throwing away the original setup but good steel for recycling was its only use case
Yeah, I'm making a section of "NOS Jeep Parts" in my garage. Bumper plates, old "hitch," original floor mats, etc. The Mopar Class IV hitch I got at BAM for less than the etailer link.
Sponsored