Aftermarket LED taillights

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
That's a lot more expensive than I was hoping for. You can get a set of OEM LED taillights for just over $500 (without blind-spot monitoring)
Huh!? How is $399 for a pair more expensive than $500 for OEM?

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, E36 BMW M3, E92 BMW M3
Those quake lights look terrible. I’ve tried to like them but just can’t get there. It’s like they took bumperetts from a late 70’s early 80’s European sports car and slapped trailer brake lights in them and bolted them on the bed. I just think the small round light in a big black box looks out of proportion or something.

Since the tail lights are a bit of an acquired taste to begin with, aftermarket companies have their work cut out for them. The factory did a good job with the led tails and deviating too far from that look is risky. IMO anyway.

Reactions: jlm

Sponsored

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those quake lights look terrible. I’ve tried to like them but just can’t get there.
I like them and ordered a set from Northridge 4x4. Got $40 off with their coupon.

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, E36 BMW M3, E92 BMW M3
I like them and ordered a set from Northridge 4x4. Got $40 off with their coupon.
Please post pics once you get them installed. Maybe it's just the presentation in their video and pictures that turn me off and my opinion might change with a more 'in person' perspective. Like car colors, sometimes it's hard to tell unless you see it in person. Since they are $100 cheaper than the factory LED, I'd like to like them. I mean, $100 is $100, and I'm no trust fund baby.

In the video it looks like they dinged up their decals/wrap when installing them. Could be coincidence, or multiple installs with prototypes, but I'd be careful as not to scratch your paint. Maybe even put painters tape down in the areal around the edge area and pull it before tightening them all the way down, just for a little insurance. Like installing metal fender flares, gotta be extra careful not to ding the paint.

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please post pics once you get them installed. Maybe it's just the presentation in their video and pictures that turn me off and my opinion might change with a more 'in person' perspective. Like car colors, sometimes it's hard to tell unless you see it in person. Since they are $100 cheaper than the factory LED, I'd like to like them. I mean, $100 is $100, and I'm no trust fund baby.

In the video it looks like they dinged up their decals/wrap when installing them. Could be coincidence, or multiple installs with prototypes, but I'd be careful as not to scratch your paint. Maybe even put painters tape down in the areal around the edge area and pull it before tightening them all the way down, just for a little insurance. Like installing metal fender flares, gotta be extra careful not to ding the paint.
I will but there's like a 12 day wait for them. I just got an 'open box' front bumper from Extreme Terrain that was $500 less than brand new (retail was $724). It has scuffs and scratches so I'm not overly concerned about getting scratches on the tail lights. I mainly wanted them because of their metal housing and I use my truck for work so I need something durable. I'd really like to know where people are getting the factory LED for $500. The cheapest on ebay is $650 for a pair and Quadratec has them separately at $315 ea. so that's $630 for a pair. Ebay also has three right-side only ranging in price from $299-up.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
I will but there's like a 12 day wait for them. I just got an 'open box' front bumper from Extreme Terrain that was $500 less than brand new (retail was $724). It has scuffs and scratches so I'm not overly concerned about getting scratches on the tail lights. I mainly wanted them because of their metal housing and I use my truck for work so I need something durable. I'd really like to know where people are getting the factory LED for $500. The cheapest on ebay is $650 for a pair and Quadratec has them separately at $315 ea. so that's $630 for a pair. Ebay also has three right-side only ranging in price from $299-up.
https://www.moparoneonline.com/oem-parts/mopar-tail-lamp-right-rear-68336582ag
$256 each, plus shipping. So it would be like $530 total

Sponsored

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How? Also do this include everything your need ?
I bought them from Northridge 4x4. They are having a special coupon ARMAGEDDON that you use at checkout and got $40 off the $399 lights. https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/tail-lights/qte1025-quake-led-step-up-led-tail-lights-pair so after tax and free shipping the total was $381.xx. Yes they're plug and play. I also used the same coupon a couple days earlier on the Bestop Sunrider for hard top and got $85 off. The coupon is 10% off.

Vegasti06

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Gladiator
i just crushed my passenger side tail light :( i dont want to buy another factory light cause id rather wait for aftermarket led lights to hit the market. hopefully some options will be available soon.

wiredup60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2012 Audi R8, 2018 Land Rover LR4
I bought them from Northridge 4x4. They are having a special coupon ARMAGEDDON that you use at checkout and got $40 off the $399 lights. https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/tail-lights/qte1025-quake-led-step-up-led-tail-lights-pair so after tax and free shipping the total was $381.xx. Yes they're plug and play. I also used the same coupon a couple days earlier on the Bestop Sunrider for hard top and got $85 off. The coupon is 10% off.
Have you received the lights yet? I am very close to ordering them as well.

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you received the lights yet? I am very close to ordering them as well.
Not yet. There's been a delay due to covid-19. I messaged Mr Black and he said they'd hopefully be shipped out this week. I ordered 4/15.
Sponsored