AFTERMARKET RADIO OPTIONS?

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
I had the 10" Seicane in my JKU and had mixed feelings.
The screen is incredible!
The options are also amazing...but it all depends on wi-fi (I see the Teyes you can actually add a SIM card and have it's own 4G).
The sound quality was much better than stock (and that JKU Recon had the upgraded factory system)

The only downside was just waiting for it to boot and connect to Wi-Fi then launch the app you wanted (pandora for me mostly).
@S Kama Do! - Is everything retained on the Teyes? HVAC, settings , etc...?
Sponsored

Jobofly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2022 JTM
Android radio, 10" screen. Teyes brand, but there's several manufacturers selling kits on aliexpress. Make sure you get the rear camera adapter from teyes if you go this route. Had it 8 months and it's been good; way less buggy than the factory 5 inch.

IMG_20200108_110839.jpg
does have apple carplay?

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
The options are also amazing...but it all depends on wi-fi (I see the Teyes you can actually add a SIM card and have it's own 4G).
The sound quality was much better than stock (and that JKU Recon had the upgraded factory system)

The only downside was just waiting for it to boot and connect to Wi-Fi then launch the app you wanted (pandora for me mostly).
The sim card would be the winner for me. I love the Seicane, but the sim card and network option would be a home run hit.

S Kama Do!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator

The teyes integrates the canbus, so it shows changes to the hvac; I have the most primative climate control so I still have to use the factory knobs, not sure what is possible with the more highly optioned vehicles. You lose the vehicle settings that are controlled through the radio such as aux switches, if I need to edit those settings I plan on using jscan. The rear camera shows the back up lines turning with the steering wheel.

Sponsored

OP
OP
johnnygladiator
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales
Android radio, 10" screen. Teyes brand, but there's several manufacturers selling kits on aliexpress. Make sure you get the rear camera adapter from teyes if you go this route. Had it 8 months and it's been good; way less buggy than the factory 5 inch.

IMG_20200108_110839.jpg
That looks pretty sharp.

OP
OP
johnnygladiator
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel

Sponsored

S Kama Do!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
It's essentially plug and play. Snip the CVBS jumper wire on the video converter and use the AHD output for high def signal to the head unit. You'll have to wire in an ignition hot 12v and ground wire to the video converter, I just spliced into the corresponding wires on the android radio man harness.

People hate on this style of wire tap, but they worked great for me:
https://www.amazon.com/Gardner-Bender-15-2210-Electrical-Crimp-Type/dp/B00KZ6NKI8

Make sure you wiring is bundled up and tucked neatly behind the unit before installing it, I initially just shoved the wires back there and it choked airflow to the radio, resulting in overtemps and shutting down.

S Kama Do!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Actually, after thinking about it, it might be a battery 12v hot to the converter, not an ignition hot. My memory is hazy, but the instructions will be clear on this. Most of the instructions will probably be in Russian lol, but the way they designate the wires is still clear.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Yes its possible. Infotainment.com sells them at about 1600 & you can fins many of the mopar parts sites selling it for 1000-1200. I have seen a couple of them used in the 500 range, but they are rare. You also have to get one for the JT & Not JL due to the backup cameras.

If you really wanna go all out though this one is the top that fits https://www.alpine-usa.com/product/jeep-wrangler-radio-apple-carplay-android-auto-x409-wra-jl This is what I want, but probably never going to do it. Its still missing wireless carplay.
if I ever swap from the oem 7in the alpine one is what id go for. Certainly more money but hits all the marks for me

glady8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S

IMG_20200108_110839.jpg
Does this work with all the factory functions on the steering wheel and the back up camera? Is it sirius compatible?

S Kama Do!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator