Air bladder for a leveler?

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
So I was thinking that some sort of inflatable air bladder under a couple wheels might make a great leveling system for a RTT.

My vision is something is something I can drive overtop while deflated, and hook a chuck from my on bird air to fill it up. I found something ina forum from 2009 for RV,s but it seemed like there were issues with people deflating before retracting their levelers and it caused some damage.

anyone have a lead?
Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
So I was thinking that some sort of inflatable air bladder under a couple wheels might make a great leveling system for a RTT.

My vision is something is something I can drive overtop while deflated, and hook a chuck from my on bird air to fill it up. I found something ina forum from 2009 for RV,s but it seemed like there were issues with people deflating before retracting their levelers and it caused some damage.

anyone have a lead?
You could use the air ride bladders meant for towing & probably do this for at least the rear 2 wheels. That should be enough to level side to side, but front to back would be a bust if the front was lower then the back from being parked on uneven terrain.

OP
OP

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I think I know what you’re talking about, but could you provide a link? I have been googling all night, and am only getting exhaust jacks and air shocks.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I think I know what you’re talking about, but could you provide a link? I have been googling all night, and am only getting exhaust jacks and air shocks.
I wanna say it was air lift 1000 was the model used for the stock rear springs. for what you wanna do though you may want longer ones. Could run the schrader valves to being under the gas flap too. You may wanna just contact air ride & ask if they can help. They may possibly have a solution for all 4 corners.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
These things have been out for years now...

47562032.jpg

arb-10100200_lb_xl.jpg

Sponsored

DougM55

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Check out the Andersen leveling ramps for travel trailers. I have a set I’ve used with a trailer and now our RV. They work wonderfully!

OP
OP

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I have some leveling ramps, but I think an air bladder would be super easy, compact when not in use, and faster than scouting for rocks and piling them perfectly. It would also be super easy to fine-tune.

OP
OP

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
These things have been out for years now...

Jeep Gladiator Air bladder for a leveler? arb-10100200_lb_xl

Jeep Gladiator Air bladder for a leveler? arb-10100200_lb_xl
yeah, worst case, I'll probably go this route. Was hoping to find something a little cheaper, since I am going to carry a couple. I don't probably need to travel 30", and would also need to convert the exhaust tip to an air chuck. Again, not a huge issue, but if I could find a built for purpose system...
Sponsored