Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
If it costs more then the JL then it is over priced, after the initial followers buy discounts will come quickly. A JL comes close to Raptor pricing, who would buy this over a Raptor or Ram?
I agree that it will not be priced as high as some say but I would buy this over a Raptor or a Ram any day.

Top and doors come off. It tows a decent amount for a midsize truck and it is much safer than a motorcycle.

if it is overpriced I will trade my JK in for a JL and get a beater truck for hauling wood.
Sponsored

Saejin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
JLs are selling like hot cakes, this will sell the same or faster. People will be trading in their 2018 JLs for this I bet. Pricing wise it’ll be more than the JL. It’s got the same and a few more features, built with 80% same parts, swaps out the rear cargo in a JL for a truck bed, extends the frame for a longer wheelbase, modification so it can tow up to 7500 pounds, etc. There’s no way it will be cheaper than the JL. My guess is in Rubicon form with all bells and whistles it’ll exceed $60k easily. Right now the JL barely hits $60k but thats with the 2.0 and power top and everything else added.

I already own a 2018 JLUR, so don’t plan to get the top tier of the JT. I need a truck, so it’ll be this in base form or maybe one of the competitors; taco, Colorado, ranger, or maybe a Ram Rebel. All depends on price right now.

DropW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Kia Sephia , 2007 Vulcan 900
I don't think we can compare the JL to the JT for pricing because they are so different . One is an suv and one is a truck . One has superior off road abilities, the other has superior tow/hauling abilities ... when you look at their actual functions between those two... they are really quite different vehicles . Sure things overlap, but they are in two different classification of vehicles , and if you want to speculate pricing, I feel this needs to be at the core of the calculation .

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor 802A
I traded my 2018 JLUR in for a 2018 Raptor. I'm very interested in seeing the pricing of the JT. If the Rubicon is priced similar to the JLUR I'm a buyer. Anything much more than that it makes no sense. For $70K I'll keep my Raptor!

JJStasen

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 RAM, 12 Tahoe, 97 TJ [RIP 99 XJ ton's and 35's]
Vehicle Showcase
So, I just built a '19 Ranger Lariat, added every bell & whistle, $48,480.

I'm expecting 45K for my Sport S.

Just for fun, I built a '19 Raptor added every bell & whistle, $79,075.

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations

What options do you plan on getting and what price point do you put them at to reach your $45K Sport S?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn

A decently equipped Wrangler Sport S with leather like the Lariat is around $46k. I would expect the Gladiator to command around a 8-10% premium over that, so $49-51k seems about right. More than a loaded Ranger, but unless you have a chainsaw, that Ranger top just ain't coming off....

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
A decently equipped Wrangler Sport S with leather like the Lariat is around $46k. I would expect the Gladiator to command around a 8-10% premium over that, so $49-51k seems about right. More than a loaded Ranger, but unless you have a chainsaw, that Ranger top just ain't coming off....
Do you think I could take my Rangers top off using my Sawsall?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
Do you think I could take my Rangers top off using my Sawsall?
Yeah, but it would be the getting-it-back-on part that may be troublesome. I suppose a few steel straps, strategically bolted on. I don't think you could make the Ranger much uglier, so maybe a little industrio-utilitarian flare would be nice.

OP
OP
5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
There were Sport S JLU about 38K on the lot I visited. Decently equipped. My fingers are crossed for 35K - 45K for JT Sport S. I just hope, because other metrics bring it above 50K. Please Jeep, let this foolishment be done. Give us some idea of pricing!!!!

Sponsored

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
Yeah, but it would be the getting-it-back-on part that may be troublesome. I suppose a few steel straps, strategically bolted on. I don't think you could make the Ranger much uglier, so maybe a little industrio-utilitarian flare would be nice.
That's a good idea for putting it back on. I was thinking duct tape.

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
There were Sport S JLU about 38K on the lot I visited. Decently equipped. My fingers are crossed for 35K - 45K for JT Sport S. I just hope, because other metrics bring it above 50K. Please Jeep, let this foolishment be done. Give us some idea of pricing!!!!
If a fully loaded sport s (the main packages not necessarily ALL the small stuff) is a penny over $45k that will be criminal. Someone tell me how right I am but how wrong I will be!

When you come to the realization that to stay at or below 40k your Jeep will be pretty plain...ugh

Last edited:

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
So...just got a call from a local dealer who just got out of a meeting with his Jeep rep. He was told that pricing on the JT will be at an across-the-line $7800 premium over a comparable JL. If this is accurate, this is bad news, and even more than I was pessimistically expecting. And, even worse, he said that's the invoice markup, so expect $9k-ish on the sticker. Ouch.

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
So...just got a call from a local dealer who just got out of a meeting with his Jeep rep. He was told that pricing on the JT will be at an across-the-line $7800 premium over a comparable JL. If this is accurate, this is bad news, and even more than I was pessimistically expecting. And, even worse, he said that's the invoice markup, so expect $9k-ish on the sticker. Ouch.
So at that rate, the base trim with no options is up to almost 40k?!?!

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
This is my fear. I originally was hoping to go with an Overland and not exceed the $48-$50K mark (with some added options - creature comforts). Then I decided that a nicely packaged Sport S would fall well within the $40-$45K mark and would save me some $$$ while still satisfying what I could be satisfied with. I have a feeling the Sport S packages out will easily hit the $50K mark.

Ugggg Jeep!!!! Please surprise us with lower prices than we all think!!!!!!
Sponsored