First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Engineer
My Gorilla glass broke within the first 1000 miles, after a melting icicle broke loose. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen with the base offering, or that it shouldn't have happened because of the impact. However, it's anything but confidence inspiring and if I had to do it over again, would not have spent the money. YMMV.

Edit: Can confirm window sticker cost is $195 on 2021.
Sponsored

t-bot

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD; '15 BMW K1300S
My Gorilla glass broke within the first 1000 miles, after a melting icicle broke loose. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen with the base offering, or that it shouldn't have happened because of the impact. However, it's anything but confidence inspiring and if I had to do it over again, would not have spent the money. YMMV.

Edit: Can confirm window sticker cost is $195 on 2021.
Sorry to hear about your windshield breaking so soon.

However, on my drive back from the dealership last month, with approx 200 miles on the odometer, my GG was hit by a softball sized snow/ice chunk launched from the top of an 18-wheeler. It landed right in the middle below the mirror. The sound alone had me thinking it had to be shattered, but to my surprise, the GG held up - not a scratch. I think I was very lucky, and if we drive a Jeep long enough, we'll eventually all be members of the 'cracked windshield club.' :(

t-bot

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD; '15 BMW K1300S
LOL. Because he bought a Costco membership. This is probably going to be the thread on “the last Jeep he’ll never own.” 🤪
Haha - yeah, I can see it now:
A thread will be started with subject of "Last wholesale savings membership I ever join", then something about 'reliable savings', then we'll all be ghosted by OP while the thread goes on FOR -- EV -- ER.

The Beav

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Real price now 2021 vs 22t

Our 2021 Overland vs pricing on a 2022 only difference between the two is our 2021 has Trac lock Diff and the 2022 doesnt and 2022 has Bluetooth Speaker and ours does not. price diff of about 1900...also just noticed no leather seats.... we had gotten ours before TTT for 46k

Sponsored

pretzelday

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
just got my window sticker in the tracker. Its like 1800 higher than the agreed price when i ordered. The biggest jump was the gorilla glass jumping to 495 like someone above said. I ordered january 11 .

Jeeper360

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep TJ 2002 Ford Excursion 2002 7.3 and more
Occupation
Master electrician
can you order it with bed cover delete I don't like any of them

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Haha - yeah, I can see it now:
A thread will be started with subject of "Last wholesale savings membership I ever join", then something about 'reliable savings', then we'll all be ghosted by OP while the thread goes on FOR -- EV -- ER.
Looks like the OP left town.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Uhhm. Why not go through a vetted dealer on the forum and get your price locked in?

Jeep has always been in it for the money, but inflation as well as supply chain issues are also hitting everything and everyone. Hope you get to enjoy what ever truck you end up with.
Is there a list of "vetted dealers" somewhere?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
No, they tend to get squashed when started the few times I have seen it. The board will let you have thread or two about an individual experience but "list" threads of good or bad dealership do not seem to hang around. Probably bad for board business if forum dealership sponsors or potential new dealership sponsors see themselves on such lists if in the negative.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
No, they tend to get squashed when started the few times I have seen it. The board will let you have thread or two about an individual experience but "list" threads of good or bad dealership do not seem to hang around. Probably bad for board business if forum dealership sponsors or potential new dealership sponsors to see themselves on such lists if in the negative.
Yep, no real list. Those threads tend to die out, here are a few I found on the buying and negotiating forum. If you look harder than I did you’ll find contact info and probably more dealers. Here they are in no particular order.

I can only personally vouch for the good experience I had with Kent at Peterson Stampede in Nampa, ID.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/new-orders-3-under-invoice-with-dealersider.46937/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/mall-of-ga-cdjr.53827/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/petersons-in-nampa-id-up-to-8-below-invoice.47615/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/gupton-motors-up-to-8-below-invoice.34440/

OP
OP

Jimmymer

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Altitude, Ford Edge
If you ordered with Chapman before the price hike then why are you griping about price hikes? If you ordered with Chapman then you likely placed a $1000 deposit, your end of the contract, and you likely signed the order sheet, as they did too. The price you ordered at will be the price you pick it up for, including whatever tax, etc.
I hope soB
LOL - how many new vehicles have you bought? Have you see what's happened to OTHER brands? Go buy a Bronco.........
sounds like you are on the edge of even affording a Gladiator.
The world has changed, inflation is crazy, shortages are real - truck drivers are in short supply and getting ripped off and screwed and dumped on all the time lately. Even GoFundMe is dropping that Canadian truck driver group.
If you don't like their wheels and wheel prices, it's real simple - don't buy them.
Even windshields are in short supply. take a look around.
It's not Jeep - it's everyone.
[
Looks like the OP left town.
im still here, but d
just got my window sticker in the tracker. Its like 1800 higher than the agreed price when i ordered. The biggest jump was the gorilla glass jumping to 495 like someone above said. I ordered january 11 .
mine was $1825, dealer did not locked the price. I ended up canceling the order and placed another one without manu options.

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
In general I haven't found any CDJR's in Wisconsin that weren't marking up way over sticker or telling me MSRP or kick rocks. Same for Illinois and the surrounding states.

Gupton, Auto Mall in Georgia and the one in Idaho are the only 3 that are really popular on here. Oh, and Tri City in NC.

mrworldwide79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Everyone’s experience is different but my order/transaction with Chapman was flawless. This was my 2nd time ordering with them, last time was 8 years ago for a JKUR.

Let me know where you’re finding these $400 Rubicon take offs. I got take offs last month less than 5k miles on Falken Wildpeak ATW3s for $900 and let me tell you, I got to those as fast as I could because it was the best deal I’d seen in months of looking.
Sponsored