OP

BznGranite

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Not very confident in the service dept to start with. But in the heat of the moment and with engine running full throttle, not knowing what to do, at least it worked.
Contacted jeep and they have tried to contact dealer and not getting calls returned. I haven't heard o thing at all since leaving it there. No returns of my calls or messages either.
Sponsored

OP
OP

BznGranite

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Well been another two weeks in the shop. Got help from Jeep Cares and supposedly have an answer to the problem. Been told that they have ordered a new dash wiring harness. Only problem is the ETA for the part is June 5th.
Also was told that the dealer has 4 other ones in shop with the same issue.
Honestly not very confident about the diagnosis since it's been sitting in same spot since I left it there.
Guess I will see when I get it back

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I was at a local dealership a few weeks ago. At that time they told me they had 30 vehicles sitting out back waiting for parts, some of them since the end of last December and January. I figured at that time some had been there going on 3 months.

I find it almost hard to believe that a single dealership would have 4 others with the exact same problem waiting for the same part.
Would love to see the diagnostic logs.

Gladiator NFLD

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employed
Well been another two weeks in the shop. Got help from Jeep Cares and supposedly have an answer to the problem. Been told that they have ordered a new dash wiring harness. Only problem is the ETA for the part is June 5th.
Also was told that the dealer has 4 other ones in shop with the same issue.
Honestly not very confident about the diagnosis since it's been sitting in same spot since I left it there.
Guess I will see when I get it back
Did you get this issue straightened out with your Jeep as I have the exact same issue with my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I am also having this same issue with our 2020 Rubicon only 9k miles on it. Called dealership 6 days ago and no one will return my calls. Did you figure out what caused yours?
Only 9000 miles in over three years??
That think sits way too much. Have you kept a battery tender on it while it sits all those weeks?
Check your battery voltage - put a volt meter, even a cheapy from Walmart on the battery terminals. Bet you have voltage issues from sitting and lack of driving.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
We just bought it 6 months ago used so the previous owners never drove it. We drive it all the time, the dealership put both new batteries in when we bought it. Not a battery issue that’s the first thing we checked when we started investigating it since so many people have said that.
But - you left all of that out.
You only said it was a 2020 with only 9,000 miles, nothing about new batteries, etc. so - many were going to assume it's a 2020 hardly driven and old batteries.

Now we know the rest of the story...............

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
Not on here to argue…. thanks! I was asking the last person that posted in the thread if they ever figured it out. Seeking advice from someone who has also been through this. Having a rough enough time don’t need rude people. Have a blessed day and merry Christmas!
Easy there. Bill is a highly knowledgeable person with years of experience. I didn't find his post rude. You left out a few very important facts in your first post. While you may think your issue is exactly the same as the OP's issue, it very well may not be even though the symptoms are the same or very similar.

His comments were exactly what many of us were thinking. The batteries are usually the cause and 9000 miles on a 2020 (without other facts that you posted later) would indicate bad batteries. Starting with the JK's, Jeeps are very sensitive to battery voltage and low voltage causes a multitude of electrical issues in these highly computerized vehicles.

As you have now told us the batteries have been replaced, the next place I would look is the TIPM. I would pull and reseat all the fuses. Fuses have been known to not be fully seated from the factory on the early Gladiators, causing weird electrical gremlins.
Sponsored