Sponsored

**ALL NEW** LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Lod Offroad

Lod Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
**Update on shipping**

We finally have the last couple items needed to finally wrap these up! Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control we had a few delays in getting supplies and parts, but everything is now in house and final packaging is under way! Expect to be shipping these starting Monday!
Sponsored

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
The day has come! I received my Armor Lite sliders last night and installed them this morning.

Overall I am very impressed with the engineering and build quality. I did scratch my head a few times with the instructions but I was able to figure everything out.

I’ll do a full review in a few days when I’ve had a chance to really test them out, but so far my only real criticism is the length. I wish they were about 3-4 inches longer in the front.

When the “step” cutouts are positioned for easy entry to the doors I have too much gap from the front fender flares to the slider. This will allow snow/dirt to kick up on the doors which is one of the main reasons I wanted this style slider.
The great thing about the design is the ability to position the steps where I want. So I slide through forward to reduce the gap, but then it makes rear entry a little tougher for my kids.

I think they will be fine and I’ll probably pick up the add on steps to help the kids a little more. Again I’ll plan a full review in a few days but I wanted to post right away for anybody sitting on the fence about these.

Truely excellent engineering and quality.

B65F5D01-9C02-4793-B96F-CD79FE5717BB.jpeg

46C0EF5B-2DDB-4D2B-A2B4-C2086CA6DED4.jpeg

F2BD3838-AC17-45B9-9185-CA440874FABD.jpeg

E2243EEF-7701-41B0-BDD4-3B387AF695AE.jpeg

OP
OP
Lod Offroad

Lod Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
The day has come! I received my Armor Lite sliders last night and installed them this morning.

Overall I am very impressed with the engineering and build quality. I did scratch my head a few times with the instructions but I was able to figure everything out.

I’ll do a full review in a few days when I’ve had a chance to really test them out, but so far my only real criticism is the length. I wish they were about 3-4 inches longer in the front.

When the “step” cutouts are positioned for easy entry to the doors I have too much gap from the front fender flares to the slider. This will allow snow/dirt to kick up on the doors which is one of the main reasons I wanted this style slider.
The great thing about the design is the ability to position the steps where I want. So I slide through forward to reduce the gap, but then it makes rear entry a little tougher for my kids.

I think they will be fine and I’ll probably pick up the add on steps to help the kids a little more. Again I’ll plan a full review in a few days but I wanted to post right away for anybody sitting on the fence about these.

B65F5D01-9C02-4793-B96F-CD79FE5717BB.jpeg

46C0EF5B-2DDB-4D2B-A2B4-C2086CA6DED4.jpeg

F2BD3838-AC17-45B9-9185-CA440874FABD.jpeg

E2243EEF-7701-41B0-BDD4-3B387AF695AE.jpeg
They look great on your Jeep! Good to hear the install went smoothly. Feel free to PM us with any issues or questions you had concerning installation. Your feedback would be helpful for us to get the instructions edited to be more clear.
**Edit** Almost forgot, send us some good glamour shots and we'll send you a t-shirt or two!

EstoJTR

First Name
Erx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 2014 Cayman S, 2020 RDX Advance

Would you mind providing some more direct side full width shots? These are high on my list, cool to see these finally landing on some Gladiators and that they're quality made.

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
Would you mind providing some more direct side full width shots? These are high on my list, cool to see these finally landing on some Gladiators and that they're quality made.
I will on Saturday. I finished installing them and drove straight to the airport for a work trip. That photo was at the airport parking. :)

Sponsored

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
They look great on your Jeep! Good to hear the install went smoothly. Feel free to PM us with any issues or questions you had concerning installation. Your feedback would be helpful for us to get the instructions edited to be more clear.
**Edit** Almost forgot, send us some good glamour shots and we'll send you a t-shirt or two!
For sure. I’ll PM this weekend. Took some photos during install and have a few comments from the installation instructions.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
These look awesome. My new front runner since roam as apparently given up.

also what’s the max tire size your signature series mid width bumper allows for?

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
Sorry for the later then expected photos and feedback. I was hoping to get out in the fall colors for some real glamour shots but my job has been hectic the last few weeks.

Here are a few “better” photos.

Jeep Gladiator **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! 641992D1-436F-43B7-92FF-1ABD23DB150D

Jeep Gladiator **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! 78FD96F4-7AFC-454E-BD25-C3A1B90C01FE

Jeep Gladiator **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! B2D9577C-A48F-45A1-8732-C948C2ED118F

Jeep Gladiator **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! D171C64E-1064-4D97-80A6-B25C92E55901

Jeep Gladiator **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! F6A1E0FB-D877-4485-BFD1-FA0D86ED427A

Jeep Gladiator **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! 3639CD82-E9C9-46D0-B011-5D7397C9073B

Jeep Gladiator **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! 9D4DFE77-B94A-4FCC-A875-745F465F076C

Last edited:

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
Installation feedback:

Overall the installation went smoothly.

Everything was well packaged and the “foam in place” packaging kept the brackets secure. I did have a slight bend to the tail end of the top aluminum skin on the rear of one slider, but it was easily straightened with a vise grip and rag to prevent scratching. I did not see damage to the box so I can only assume it happened prior to packing. It was very slight and was easily fixed.

I noticed the directions must for a Sport model as my Rubicon already had weld nuts installed For the skids plates in a few places that the directions call for a weld nut bracket to be installed. Not a big deal and I would prefer to have the extra hardware and not need it. A simple call-out in the manual would fix that.

I also noticed the 1/2” bolts come in coarse and fine thread pitch. I believe these fine thread bolts were meant for the previously mentioned Rubicon skid plate weld nuts that are already installed. I almost installed the wrong thread pitch but caught it in time. Again no mention of this discrepancy in the manual but an easy fix.

I had a pile of hardware left over after the install which is good and bad. I definitely appreciate the foresight to include all of the spacers and washers for potential variables, but none of the spacers were needed in my installation. I think this speaks volumes to the level of initial quality in their product and understanding of their customer variations

Nit picky advice- I would have liked to see suggested torque specs for the hardware. Not critical for an average wrench turner, but still gives piece of mind and a sense of professionalism.

I’m holding off on a true review until I get some real use out of them, but my initial impressions are very positive and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

The versatility of the rail channel system LOD has designed, frame mounting, and use of aluminum are all positives that set these sliders apart from the other sliders on the market!

Jeep Gladiator **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! F8BE0638-D7BA-4E3C-B764-2DDEC5BCC31E

Jeep Gladiator **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! F5BCC209-5F05-4F18-A0DD-390965B6F097

Jeep Gladiator **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! C8B3C659-1F55-442B-9727-37983635E50D

Jeep Gladiator **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! A59D4AFA-8A59-4194-8666-FD30C4B58AD7

Jeep Gladiator **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! 7B17A2A8-38EC-425A-9EBB-FF7A364A98CF

Jeep Gladiator **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! F852426B-6C81-4F0D-96B6-83B06768F879

Jeep Gladiator **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! 519F6BA1-96CD-4A47-9004-DE4356C4885B

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Why did you grind the frame? Does the back seat step fit a foot sideways? When I hop in a Jeep I usually have my left foot point toward the front not perpendicular to the Jeep if that makes sense. I really like the look

Sponsored

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
Why did you grind the frame? Does the back seat step fit a foot sideways? When I hop in a Jeep I usually have my left foot point toward the front not perpendicular to the Jeep if that makes sense. I really like the look
The frame “body alignment” tab on the passenger side needs to be cut off. This was well detailed in the directions and the only “cutting” that was needed. I hit it with 3 coats of flat black paint afterward which did slow down the install waiting for it to dry.

The back step is pretty small to place your foot parallel with the body. I would say it’s fine for kids or sub size 9 shoes to use that way. My shoes are size 10 so you might have trouble with large boots or size 12+
I tend to use them more at an angle so it hasn’t been an issue for me or my kids. The issue I have with the rear step is that it’s too far forward so it ends up being too close to the hinges of the door and make sit a little hard for the kids. This could be fixed with a wider rear step, which sounds like would take care of your concern. Or the whole slider can be shifted back for better placement of the step, but then it doesn’t give as much protection from tire debris in the front. To be clear this compromise can be chosen by the installer. The sliders have channels in the extrusion that allow you to chose where to place them.

I think the perfect solution would be if the rear step was about 2-3 inches longer and the whole slider was about 4” longer overall. That would have made them damn near perfect in my early evaluation.

C7A1585A-C975-4D37-9721-A673CF36C474.jpeg

6DC3959B-0777-4C06-BD4B-2B0D23D97AAC.jpeg

4F96157D-0053-4ED6-9DE3-A4C3C33133B1.jpeg

38404F12-9565-4E38-9E0A-8676B150CF1E.jpeg

A5B18BF2-96C1-4D4E-A9CC-AF42EADE13E9.jpeg

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
To make it easier for the kids to get in I plan on ordering the add on drop steps. They also have the ability to adjust the position all along the slider so they should solve my step placement concerns. They do look a little over-priced in my opinion which is why I didn’t order them up front.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
How nice of you to go take pics I really appreciate it.
I would have preferred they followed the road armor design and just have one really long step but maybe that impacted strength?

im down to these and the metalcloak reversible ones

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
How nice of you to go take pics I really appreciate it.
I would have preferred they followed the road armor design and just have one really long step but maybe that impacted strength?

im down to these and the metalcloak reversible ones
For me I wanted steps/sliders that block snow/salt/rocks from the front tires from ripping up my hinges. So I avoided the MetalCloak style that didn’t offer that protection.

I was between LOD, Roam, and RSE.

RSE was too pricy and I didn’t really want electronics in my steps.

Roam’s steps are vaperware. Coming soon for a year now.

LOD seemed to be a nice mix of the features important to me. I also looked at the aluminum construction as a plus due to heavy MN winter road salt and rusting. Not to mention the lighter weight helps keep more payload rating. They still feel beefy enough to take a hit but I suspect the integrated channels on the bottom side will take some damage without the optional steel slider plates. I may end up purchasing those as well, however the cost is starting to approach RSE by the time you factor in additional drop steps and skid plates.

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
@Lod Offroad can you explain why the pair of 2 smaller drop steps costs more then a pair of the long steps? Seems backwards to me.

113C35C6-CC3E-49ED-BA7C-33EAF917A650.png
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.