All weather mats and carpet mats?

jmf243

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016.5 Mazda CX5 Grand Touring
If you order the all weather mats option from the factory do the carpet mats come with it also as an extra? I prefer to seasonally change my mats so if it is a straight replacement I'd likely wait and order the all weather slush mats after the fact.
Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
If you order the all weather mats option from the factory do the carpet mats come with it also as an extra? I prefer to seasonally change my mats so if it is a straight replacement I'd likely wait and order the all weather slush mats after the fact.
Not 100% on the JT but with the JL they replaced and you only got the all weather mats. I am getting carpet from factory and all weather from Mopar.

avc8130

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Not 100% on the JT but with the JL they replaced and you only got the all weather mats. I am getting carpet from factory and all weather from Mopar.
Wow, that's a total butt raping! The mats are a $150 "option" on the window sticker, but they can easily be bought on Amazon Prime for ~$130! Losing the original carpet mats really makes it a terrible deal!

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Job.... always got a job...
I have the Mopar mats and love them. They have a little funnel built in that snaps into the drain hole in the floor pan so easily cleaned. I haven't seen the bottom of the weather tech mats so i do not know if the same feature is on them or not. Maybe someone else can clarify.

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I have the Mopar mats and love them. They have a little funnel built in that snaps into the drain hole in the floor pan so easily cleaned. I haven't seen the bottom of the weather tech mats so i do not know if the same feature is on them or not. Maybe someone else can clarify.
The weather techs do not have a drain hole in the mat to match up to the Jeep's drain hole. That is the drawback. The plus side to weather tech is that they come up higher on the sides and provide a bit more coverage. There are some comparison videos on youtube and somewhere in this forum for those that can't decided.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I have an extra set of carpeted mats I'd be willing to sell. I thought I was buying the all weather mats and unfortunately it was carpeted mats. PM me and we can work something out.

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Confirmed, you loose the carpet option when you order the all weather mats. I asked my dealer when I got mine in. It was a bummer, but happy so far with the all weather mats only.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
I like the mopar ones also. The topographical print on them is fitting.

The part # is 82215626AB. You can find them on amazon, and if you order from the dealer you should be able to use the 15% off coupon.

The point is, if you want both, just order the all weather ones separately

Sponsored

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
What are you doing for the back? I have kids that have no idea about shaking sand off before entering.....
I installed the Mopar mats in the back as well. Coverage is nice and keeps the dirt off the carpet.

Wizzard005

First Name
CnG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
What are you doing for the back? I have kids that have no idea about shaking sand off before entering.....
we are waiting for them to come out with them, once out we will get... I love the fitment of weather-tech.

Prepneck

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Probably a dumb question, but if the carpet is installed, do you make a hole in it to allow access to the drain hole?

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Probably a dumb question, but if the carpet is installed, do you make a hole in it to allow access to the drain hole?
There is a hole there from the factory that is held in place my a mm or so of carpet from the hole was cut during manufacturing. U have to finish removing it, pull the rubber plug from the floor pan, install mat and use the rubber plug that u removed in the Mopar floor mat.
Sponsored