Sponsored

Am I off base here?

ckgjt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max ToE
So I am one of those guys thats lets NOBODY drive my junk. I have the marvelous rear window leak and after it took almost two months for the dealer to get the replacement glass they want me to drop it off at the dealer and then have the lot porter drive it OFF the dealers lot to the glass shop which is two miles away. I asked if the glass company can just install it in my driveway like MOST glass companies do. They said no as they dont have service trucks to do glass on site...um OK..I asked if I can just drive it down to the glass company and wait for it and they said customers aren't allowed in that facility. My issue is that EVERY DAMN TIME I have left my vehicle at a dealer it either came out damaged (which is a whole other fight) or I have caught the mechanic and or lot idiot doing shit in ( burning a fat one in MY vehicle without me)or with my vehicle including running a red right in front of me! Anyway I feel that the dealer should have someone come to the dealer while i wait or send a installer to my house..I am old and approaching the "GET OFF MY LAWN " stage in life so let me know if I am off base ...
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
This is off topic of what you are talking about.

Take a butt load of pictures, both inside and out, of the areas around your back window before you drop it off wherever. There are already horror stories on this board about the gouges and scratches and broken glass inside the cab.

Then when you get it back, go over with a fine toothed comb, both inside and out.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Funny thing - I TELL my dealership shop to drive mine and they won't except in the cases of the steering issues.
We do walk-arounds when it's dropped off and make note of anything (which is nothing ever to note) and it's always come back fine, even the seat and mirrors are untouched.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
So if they burn a fat one WITH you in the truck all’s forgiven?

That shouldn’t be difficult for the dealer to arrange!

Sponsored

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape, 2008 VW GTI
This is funny because it reminds me of when I first started buying new cars. First new car was a GTI and I used to get all worked up about extra mileage and the mpg computer reading like 12. Age and experience has taught me they moved around GTIs and .:R32s all day long and my slightly upgraded power train wasn't something they were looking to toss into corners. The mileage was from needing the computers to set and the mpg being low was because they'd leave it idle as they were shuffling around cars.

I would not worry about a professional dealer driving your car. They drive daily and probably own better. I'm also way less worried about trucks/off-roaders being abused than I am a fast car. A 22 year old porter is way more likely to put his foot down on the pedal then take my truck to an extremely hard off-road course.

That's just me though!

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
With your history, I think it is reasonable.

Be blunt with the service manager! Explain exactly what you have seen in the past, and why you are worried.

If they can't understand that, then you need to find another service dealership.

Sorry, I worked at dealerships and I have seen some real abuse from employees. Many of the service employees especially porters are high turnover and not necessarily "expert".

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Customer service is a dead art. When I was a Toyota advisor I would have worked this out with you no problem. You drive down the 2 miles, I follow you in a lot car, you park it leave the keys, I bring you back to the dealer, when its done and you come to pick it up I drive you back. There's an amicable solution to damn near any problem, people these days are just more interested in being "right" and within "policy" than making a customer feel understood and valued.
Sponsored