First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
After a total of 7 hours, I gave him trying to get all of the trim panels to snap back in properly. I did a LOT of cutting/trimming on the plastic and liner too, but it simply does not fit perfectly in a 2023.
I quit after 2 hours in my 21. The back piece will not ever fit tight again. Don't care tho.
Sponsored

Blitzinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
@Wolf Island Diver @Blitzinger - Just picked up our 23 JTO (used <10k miles!). Wet/muddy dogs & beach are always a part of our lives, so want to install the ArmorLite. Want to believe I can install it myself & watched the video a couple of times. Do you think, since you've done the installs, that it's manageable for a 50-something to do on HER own? (Husband just wants WT floor mats, etc. but no way w our lifestyle & I'm the detailer in the fam!) Thinking the headache of lining up the drains & installing the Sound Assassins may outweigh the pros of including it? Thanks for all of the previous info & taking a second to weigh in.
Did you end up installing it? How did it go?

Winstead887

First Name
Debi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JTO
Occupation
college admissions
Did you end up installing it? How did it go?
Hey @Blitzinger!! Thanks for asking & following up! And thanks again to you, @Wolf Island Diver and everybody for their much appreciated & v valuable input. After much discussion, we decided to postpone the Armorlite & install WT mats for the interim. When the carpet becomes trashed & too sandy (which WILL happen with our 2 dogs plus grandpups) I'll install the Armorlite...using all of the posted insight (of course!). But in the meantime, I've polished, waxed & detailed every inch, added the mats, along w mudflaps & alien shade! Coyote mirrors are also in hand for the beach next week!! We cannot believe it took us so long to buy a JT! We love it & the community!

@Wolf Island Diver - Headed down to Hatteras, we've normally aired down to 15 in other trucks & our Outback for the last bizillion years. Saw your Ocracoke post -- you mentioned 10-15, but probs could've been okay at full pressure...Should we stick to 15, or go slightly higher?

Thanks again!

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hey @Blitzinger!! Thanks for asking & following up! And thanks again to you, @Wolf Island Diver and everybody for their much appreciated & v valuable input. After much discussion, we decided to postpone the Armorlite & install WT mats for the interim. When the carpet becomes trashed & too sandy (which WILL happen with our 2 dogs plus grandpups) I'll install the Armorlite...using all of the posted insight (of course!). But in the meantime, I've polished, waxed & detailed every inch, added the mats, along w mudflaps & alien shade! Coyote mirrors are also in hand for the beach next week!! We cannot believe it took us so long to buy a JT! We love it & the community!

@Wolf Island Diver - Headed down to Hatteras, we've normally aired down to 15 in other trucks & our Outback for the last bizillion years. Saw your Ocracoke post -- you mentioned 10-15, but probs could've been okay at full pressure...Should we stick to 15, or go slightly higher?

Thanks again!
Just created a thread under mid-Atlantic. I’ll post a response about the tires there

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/hatteras-ocracoke-main-thread.72855/
Sponsored