Sponsored

An introduction to RSi.

905_gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I bought mine through a local dealer in San Antonio. Between putting my name down for a waitlist and being notified the camper was in stock, I waited maybe 3 months.

I think the wait was totally worth it. Now I just wish I could get the load bars.

AD51F34A-7497-46E5-A256-0562721CE180.jpeg
check out offroad alliance and they have front runner load bars that work

im picking mine up from UPS tomorrow ill post pics! Got the 1255mm ones!

https://offroadalliance.com/Front-Runner-RSI-Double-Cab-Smart-Canopy-Load-Bar-Kit--1255mm--KRCA008/

https://offroadalliance.com/Front-Runner-RSI-Double-Cab-Smart-Canopy-Load-Bar-Kit--1165mm--KRCA009/
Sponsored

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
@SmartCap any updates to our DMs? I sent you one as requested and no response…,
XJF–
Sorry that we missed your DM over the weekend. We have now responded and will work to see how we can assist.
Thanks for reaching out.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey
Hey @SmartCap just out of curiosity is there any benefit to ordering directly from your site vs one of your dealers?

Sponsored

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
Hey @SmartCap just out of curiosity is there any benefit to ordering directly from your site vs one of your dealers?
Im curious to the same, as I have watched others buy Smartcaps from certain dealers and get them within a week, whereas I have been waiting for mine for 4 months now...

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Im curious to the same, as I have watched others buy Smartcaps from certain dealers and get them within a week, whereas I have been waiting for mine for 4 months now...
That’s a great question. Our dealer network is made up of independent businesses all across North America. They provide a valuable service to our customers that would rather have someone else handle the “heavy lifting”
On the other hand, for our DIY customers, our website has a wealth of product information, including availability, new product additions, after sales assistance, and convenience.
As for the reason some dealers have stock and others don’t, the dealers with stock have placed stocking orders—meaning they purchase our products in volume prior to an individual’s order.
We hope that answers you questions, but feel free to reach out should you need more info.

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
Communication from the dealer network is a pain point for many, this is especially relevant with the back orders and supply chain woes. If you don't have a time-dependent application (i.e. I am making a cross-country trip on ##/##/2023) then a dealer may add some value. If you are purchasing with a trip in mind, order from RSI, that is the best chance to be informed.

natp13

First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Does anyone have any advice on getting one of these? I ordered in June of 2021 and I'm still waiting.

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have any advice on getting one of these? I ordered in June of 2021 and I'm still waiting.
Nat–
Thanks for reaching out.
We'll send you a DM to see if we can give you an expected delivery window.

Sponsored

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
i hope that was a typo and you actually meant 2022 not 2021
Yeah I'm with you, I was interested but now not even sure. Like anything else its "get what you can if it's in stock" or who knows. Based on responses alone, doesn't seem like an abundant supply of anything, anywhere. No idea how someone can wait 12-18mo for something. I was interested in the SmartCap XL until I re-read it and seems like its not 72-7800, but that's the base, plus another 6-7k for that version? If that's the case, good luck on that. I could settle with a commercial version and security screen in back, so long as I can mount crossbars and my tent, and the insides are dry, I'm good to go. Probably not a good idea getting excited about any cool Aussie stuff getting here quickly or ever for that matter. Coming from the Toyota world previously, even in 2018-19 it was the whole ocean can/shipping/stuck in port debacle that was the delay then... Always something

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Still a lot of issues with getting these? Looking at them, but seen lots of comments about leaks. Any updates that can help with that?
David–
First let us say that the leaking issues that you may have read about on social media, are much less common than it would seem, and our Customer Support Team is quick to address any issue that may arise.
When a SmartCap EVO is properly assembled and installed, it will be water-tight. Unfortunately (and as you may be aware), we can't say the same about truck beds. In most cases, when water is leaking in through the truck bed it is coming in due to uneven surfaces between the bulkhead (front panel) and the sides of the bed. To combat this, we provide a foam strip for you to apply to fill the gap due to those height differences. Finally, our Positive Pressure Air Vent also helps keep the water outside the bed by pressurizing the enclosed space to prevent water from being sucked in.
We hope that will give you the assurance you seek. But feel free to reach out to us directly, should you have further questions.
Thanks.

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
Looks like a nice product. I would never buy a bed cap but if you made a modular 5 or 6 piece hardtop I would definitely be interested.
Sponsored