First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport s
Occupation
Retired
I had talked with my insurance and had said that I wanted to have it.. and thought it was there until the 28th of May 😣 to find out it was dropped off to I have to cover the first $500 of it. "Them slippery insurance policy changes from glass replacement to towing" 😲😣 So as of now I should be getting after market replacement windshield on 16th at dealership when they replace the tierod. I've still got to check with the ALDOT on it too. Due to the company doing road construction/ repairs on 565 and not cleaning up road from "their work" so many people had their windshields damaged that day it was in the news.
I used to be a Project engineer for the NY DOT and claims like yours are common. You file a complaint with the DOT in your state. They'll ask for an estimate and then forward it to the contractor's insurance co. Might take awhile but the DOT usually sides with the traveling public.
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I used to be a Project engineer for the NY DOT and claims like yours are common. You file a complaint with the DOT in your state. They'll ask for an estimate and then forward it to the contractor's insurance co. Might take awhile but the DOT usually sides with the traveling public.
Oh it's been made in to a "real PTA" process to file.

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
I finally took a pretty dang good hit on the interstate with my HGP Windshield, not a ding, scratch, or chip to show for it. I'm not sure if my wheel kicked it forward or it if came from the dump truck a couple cars ahead of us, but it was a decent chunk of gravel that came in nearly perpendicular to the glass, and it was loud. I know for a fact it woulda been a spider crack in the old windshield, or a chip in my FJ.

Junker21

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys , 1993 F-150 Off Road RC SB
Occupation
Retired Mailman
When I changed insurance companys they quoted a price based on no accidents , no tickets. When I went to sign the rate had gone up
($100 a year) because I had a claim
in the last 3 years. A windshield
replacement ! They were still the cheapest so I signed.
I don't know if my experience is typical or not but something to check on .

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
I have progressive ,had mine got hit by a rock on interstate did a claim on the app on a Sunday zero deductible immediately took me to safelite and had me schedule my replacement they were out at my work on Thursday put oem windshield on and it had the Jeep on it and everything pretty happy with the service and no deductible

Sponsored

raypla

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD Stingray
Occupation
Facility Planner
Two chip repairs at 1600 miles already. I’d be curious how people with Gorilla glass are doing.
In my 6 months of experience with gorilla glass on my JK, I still found “chips” happen. A couple had occurred prior to trading in on my JTRD. My research found that while it may be more impact resistant it still has the same exterior layer as any other windshield, I think it’s called soda glass. FYI my insurance, Travelers, covered the gorilla glass replacement, I did have to request it though.

tcass

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
Man, almost made it to Mexico and back without a windshield chip... Curious what my deductible is?
is it too large to repair? i just had a chip in my JT. Safelite repaired with no out of pocket insurance cost. check with them

OP
OP
Rubiwoo

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
is it too large to repair? i just had a chip in my JT. Safelite repaired with no out of pocket insurance cost. check with them
Yes, safelite repaired for zero dollars

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Most ins companies would rather cover cheaper chip repair for you than later spring for a full glass after the chip causes a crack. So most of the time chip repair is no cost for you....no deductable.

Skdmarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
Occupation
GM
Man, almost made it to Mexico and back without a windshield chip... Curious what my deductible is?
I had to purchase one for my 300 they had a replacement deal that you could get them for free not sure the of them for jeep but worth looking into this was at the dealership

Sponsored

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
Somehow I’ve made it 24000 miles, including a trip from LA to Houston and back, Texas driving county roads for a month, and yesterday driving, no work trucks in sight...a freaking chip and crack. Called insurance (AAA) it’s my $500 deductible to repair or replace...they connected me to 3rd party to schedule with Safelite and the lady was insufferable! I finally said forgwt it I’ll schedule my own appointment after her insane comments “well I bet you wish you didn’t drive to the baseball game today” etc!

Ive been lucky, so many times I heard the thunk & plink of a rock hitting the windshield and was amazed at no chip or crack, so I’m trying to stay positive but damn this sucks!

Safelite has no appointments within an hour of my house for over two weeks...two local glass repair shops have no replacement windshields available for the Gladiator- the one that gave me a quote (before they found out none in stock) was at $1800 before tax and I don’t know if that was OEM or aftermarket glass. Neither repairs only replaces?! The chip and crack are smaller than a quarter.

So now I’m looking to change insurance companies and find someone to repair my windshield before it’s dangerous to drive.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Got me a little one the other day, sounded like a 12 gauge went off in the cab. What a wake up at 5:15 in the morning. Guess I’m lucky it didn’t come all the way through. 🙏

21C123D1-7F3F-482B-9BD3-F6955E130D6A.jpeg

C8C171FF-0DAF-42FD-A85D-B12095C60B01.jpeg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Got me a little one the other day, sounded like a 12 gauge went off in the cab. What a wake up at 5:15 in the morning. Guess I’m lucky it didn’t come all the way through. 🙏

Jeep Gladiator another windshield bites the dust C8C171FF-0DAF-42FD-A85D-B12095C60B01

Jeep Gladiator another windshield bites the dust C8C171FF-0DAF-42FD-A85D-B12095C60B01
My son was driving to our house shortly after buying his Compass. He was on Vandalia drive that sort of follows the Des Moines river off and on, sometimes close, sometimes 1/4 or so miles away from the river. There was not another car or truck in sight. The road was empty except for him and suddenly his windshield got a big smack in it and he said it sounded like a gun went off.
My take - that's exactly what it was, Sure looked like it on his windshield, the fact it was a COMPASS and not so likely to kick something up from a big front tire that will hit your own windshield, and the sound he described...............
Assuming we were correct - some ass holes don't know you don't shoot a gun in the direction of a highway, or within so many feet of a highway.

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny
42000 miles and it happed…

FA749398-8058-423A-AB4E-1DCC331547EB.jpeg

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
Got my first crack in the windshield at 98 miles. Montana, what are you going to do? The windshield w/o a crack is newsworthy out here.
Same here in Houston, if not cracked people wonder if your Jeep ever leaves the garage. Made if 5 months before mine started to crack. Never even heard the rock impact my windshield.
Sponsored