First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Occupation
Janitor
Ya, $93K. I'm getting mixed 15 MPG in the Raptor vs 21 mixed in the JTRD. With how much more expensive diesel is vs 91 Octane, it's about the same fuel cost overall.
Yea I did the math on 22mpg diesel vs 16mpg gas and it was $90 cheaper for a diesel every 10,000 miles if diesel is 1$ a gallon more expensive. Really makes the diesel idea not as easy of a justification, if only looking at it for mpg. Enjoy the raptor it’s a fun truck! Don’t look up upgrades for it, you’ll miss Jeep prices lol.
Sponsored

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
I have owned many full sized trucks and a few mid sized and I prefer a mid sized truck for daily driving. Full sized are more comfortable in my opinion and have a lot more interior space along with more towing and room in the bed though. I have zero need for a full size truck so I chose the Gladiator for now. I trade frequently

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Just saw this thread......

I had about the biggest truck you could get. 1997 F350 7.3. Bought it when I was going through college after deployment and getting out of the military. Thought it would be my life long truck so I put in a LOT of work. Rebuilt axles, front and rear lockers, shackle flip, shackle reversal, 4" lift with SD springs, 35" duratracs with 2 spares, full engine rebuild, stage 2 injectors, cat delete, 17*HPOP, larger intercooler and radiator, full racing transmission - basically everything except the body. Bought it from the old police chief of Spokane - supposedly. It was a great truck.

but my failing body made it more and more difficult to get into. I wanted a nice Alaskan camper - was always a dream, but I couldn't hardly get in the thing. It was also getting harder and harder finding good places to work on them, as I couldn't anymore, and I just didnt want to deal with recovery of a super heavy truck if it went off the road. I took it on trails I wouldn't dream of taking my JT (mostly because it's new). And it did amazing!

But I like the JT so much better. I'm single, dont' pull a trailer anymore (bought a house), finally have life stability, and my failing body doesn't complain near as much with the JT. Plus....heated seats and steering wheel is glorious - and it's so much easier to drive. It suits me better in every way. I absolutely love it being smaller. I really like my little TJ because it's so narrow!! It's just a lot less stress to drive.

I do miss that old girl.... along with other past vehicles that just dont suit me anymore. but as life changes so do our priorities.. At least I have some wonderful memories to look back on.

Jeep Gladiator Any Full-Size Converts? IMG_2763

Jeep Gladiator Any Full-Size Converts? IMG_1404-5

IslandFalconer

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, BMW R9T, BMW X4M40i
Occupation
Falconer
Had a 2021 GMC Sierra AT4, loved it! It burned in my driveway, almost burned my house down.
what I miss, the tailgate! The split tailgate with the step was amazing, that and the cooled seats. The Gladiator, way nicer to park, fits better in the garage, looks amazing, stands out, made for off reading. I like both of the trucks, but I’ll stick with the Gladiator until they stop making it.
Sponsored