Sponsored

Any good detectives out there?

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
We had some beavers build a dam in the creek across from our house a few years back. Never knew we had them in TX. That creek floods pretty bad a couple times a year, so they apparently got "suddenly and swiftly relocated". My wife pointed out that a large tree fell by the creek a few months ago. Yep, they're back. That tree was easily a foot thick at the base. Chewed it into a fine point and knocked it down. Pretty impressive. I saw one the other day, and I stopped and watched him for a minute. Pretty sure he threw up a gang sign. I wasn't carrying at the time, so I thought it best to keep moving.

You may now commence with the beaver jokes......
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

HopSlammer

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
We had some beavers build a dam in the creek across from our house a few years back. Never knew we had them in TX. That creek floods pretty bad a couple times a year, so they apparently got "suddenly and swiftly relocated". My wife pointed out that a large tree fell by the creek a few months ago. Yep, they're back. That tree was easily a foot thick at the base. Chewed it into a fine point and knocked it down. Pretty impressive. I saw one the other day, and I stopped and watched him for a minute. Pretty sure he threw up a gang sign. I wasn't carrying at the time, so I thought it best to keep moving.

Jeep Gladiator Any good detectives out there? 7C01E239-C2D2-4752-8871-CB65868FAE5D

My ears are burning

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
A buddy of mine bought a .22 pellet rifle for deer hunting. Now, let me explain - he doesn't care for venison, but *really* likes squirrel. So, when he goes deer hunting with a group, he takes his pellet rifle and loads up on grey squirrel and walks a whole lot less than the rest of the crew. Smart man.

I have been using a GAMO break barrel .177 gas cylinder pellet rifle on the squirrels. Over 1000 fps with a 10 grain pellet and drops them like a stone. They are smart and wary. I get up early anyways and I can usually bag 1 or 2 every morning as the replacements filter in. Easier spotting coming up when the leaves drop.

46studebaker

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ram 1500 bts, vw beetle, 1946 studebaker m5
Occupation
Occupational therapist / oncology CLT
I hope you figure it out soon. Maybe it was the chipmunk that ate my wife's vw beetle wires last week, to the tune of $780. I guess I feel lucky that it isn't the $2000 and $3000 stories I have gotten from others I have talked to. Good luck on the investigation. As I type, my thoughts wonder that maybe it was Sasquatch.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

If you insist …
49790F61-D9BD-4262-8AEF-AF9282FDF673.gif

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I hope you figure it out soon. Maybe it was the chipmunk that ate my wife's vw beetle wires last week, to the tune of $780. I guess I feel lucky that it isn't the $2000 and $3000 stories I have gotten from others I have talked to. Good luck on the investigation. As I type, my thoughts wonder that maybe it was Sasquatch.
Rodents chewed up the high voltage wiring in our Trane heat pump outdoor unit........ pretty costly.
Chipmunks undermined retaining walls - 10 grand to repair one of 'em. When the old wall was pulled out, there was quite a condo setup back there, complete with stashes of bedding, seeds, etc. It had more rooms and bedrooms than our house.
Ground hog was tunneling along our basement wall (walkout basement) and starting to go under the floor - THAT would have been expensive.
Hired a trapper to come and get it. He set out some traps - caught a couple possums and something else I can't recall, then caught the ground hog. Funny thing, he was supposed to charge $45 for each target animal caught - in this case, 45/ground hog.
I saw the critter in the trap - it WAS a ground hog, it was THE ground hog. He came while I was at work and took trap and critter and told my wife it wasn't a ground hog.
He never charged us a single dollar for the catch. We both knew what it was, we'd seen them in our yard and we had seen this one scurry to the tunnel it had under our deck along the foundation wall.
I found it really odd that he'd say it wasn't, when it was - and not charge us for the kill.

Several months later my wife saw another one in the yard next to the above ground pool we had at the time while I was at work. She called our neighbor who came over with his .22 and took care if it. A week or two later I saw one in the front yard and totally amazed my neighbor by getting close enough to it to take it out with a pellet gun.
Haven't seen any in the yard since thankfully, those things dig big holes and tunnels that other critters later use.

But chipmunks have been our biggest issue. They destroyed the wiring under a nice camper I had - spent a day re-wiring it. They've messed up retaining walls and landscaping, and they dug under my shop so badly, pulling the fill from under the floor, I had to have fill injected under the floor again to support it. I spent a couple of years finding ways to thwart their destructive digging and setting up those trap buckets to get them under control.
They'll undermine concrete floors, walls, whatever - and it gets danged expensive.

Deleted member 28696

Most likely rodent damage but could have been someone who's not familiar with Jeep Latches trying to pry them off with a screw driver. I had a squirrel crawling on my jeep the other day. I was worried about my wiring & them making a nest in it but now I have to worry apparently about latches too lol.