Sponsored

Any Grab Handles that are easy to install with a Besttop Sunrider top?

Sarge Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
retired engineer
Anyone found good grab handles that are easy to install with a Besttop Sunrider top in place of the freedom panels?
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone found good grab handles that are easy to install with a Besttop Sunrider top in place of the freedom panels?
Yes. I installed JK mopar strap style handles in the front, but used mopar JT handles for the back row. They stay on, are low profile, so fit under the sunrider frame, and stay tight. They’re also cheaper than many options. This was the only picture I could find, obviously not taken for this reason.
Jeep Gladiator Any Grab Handles that are easy to install with a Besttop Sunrider top? 14837676-2DC1-40D6-8C50-43580E3E90BF

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Invictus Off Road

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.invictusoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JT, CJ, XJ
Occupation
Entrepreneur

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, they look good... I will check them out. Looks like you have a roof rack on your gladiator that doesn't interfere with the sunrider as well???
I do. Thule bars with rain gutter feet. I put them as far forward on the main hard top, so that it doesn’t interfere with removing freedom panels or installing the sunrider. I go back to freedom panels in the winter. The sunrider hinges back and gently rests on the front of the cross bar. No issues at all. I open the sunrider almost every day between spring and winter. The front of the thule feet are flush with the front of the main hard top’s rain gutters. I’ll look for a picture with it open.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Any Grab Handles that are easy to install with a Besttop Sunrider top? D5EA4A10-F456-4EA4-91B7-80A29BBC084B

Thule has two or three different feet heights in this style. If I recall, I think I used the middle one, but definitely did not choose the extra high ones. They were way too high.

OP
OP

Sarge Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired engineer
I do. Thule bars with rain gutter feet. I put them as far forward on the main hard top, so that it doesn’t interfere with removing freedom panels or installing the sunrider. I go back to freedom panels in the winter. The sunrider hinges back and gently rests on the front of the cross bar. No issues at all. I open the sunrider almost every day between spring and winter. The front of the thule feet are flush with the front of the main hard top’s rain gutters. I’ll look for a picture with it open.
Great... I'll look to find that rack

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Great... I'll look to find that rack
Thule’s configurations wanted to say I needed the extra high ones. I went to a local Thule dealer and walked out to the JT with the different height feet to verify clearance. If you’d like, I’ll happily dig up the receipt to see which ones I ended up with.

OP
OP

Sarge Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired engineer
Thule’s configurations wanted to say I needed the extra high ones. I went to a local Thule dealer and walked out to the JT with the different height feet to verify clearance. If you’d like, I’ll happily dig up the receipt to see which ones I ended up with.
I'll just find a Thule dealer around here... now that I have the information you provided...

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'll just find a Thule dealer around here... now that I have the information you provided...
Good deal. Have fun. I like roof racks.
Sponsored