Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
Yes I am on 38x13.5x17 Milestar Patagonias with a 3” Synergy Manufacturing lift. The truck handles them great both on and off road. You sort of lose 8th gear on the highway but 7th works perfect. I will be regearing eventually but I don’t feel the need to immediately.

Also if you want to see some videos of it off road you can find a bunch at www.YouTube.com/TJMitchellFilms

FE75F664-652F-4BE4-BB93-6FFAEF5FEFAD.jpeg

View attachment 35377

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP

DevilDog0321

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Sierra 6” lift on 35’s 2018 JLU Rubicon on 37’s
Yes I am on 38x13.5x17 Milestar Patagonias with a 3” Synergy Manufacturing lift. The truck handles them great both on and off road. You sort of lose 8th gear on the highway but 7th works perfect. I will be regearing eventually but I don’t feel the need to immediately.

Also if you want to see some videos of it off road you can find a bunch at www.YouTube.com/TJMitchellFilms

FE75F664-652F-4BE4-BB93-6FFAEF5FEFAD.jpeg

View attachment 35377
thanks for the info
And yeah I’ve watched your YouTube videos and was just getting to watch the the one you posted today

Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Interesting question. I wondered the same for a Gladiator. Here in New Jersey 38" is the maximum you're allowed to have on a vehicle. I currently run 37s on a JK.

Hello
Any one running 38’s and have pics
Also how does it run / drive on the stock rubicon axles and gears
Thanks

NFRs2000NYC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Interesting question. I wondered the same for a Gladiator. Here in New Jersey 38" is the maximum you're allowed to have on a vehicle. I currently run 37s on a JK.
Not sure how they apply the law. Technically, a 38” tire isn’t actually a 38” tire. To get around a true 38, you’d probably have to run close to a 40” tire. Also, I HIGHLY doubt a cop knows that law and would EVER cite you for it. Remember, NJ also doesn’t do safety inspections so as long as you pass emissions, I don’t think that will ever be a problem.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I wondered myself if they mean actual diameter or labeled diameter. I don’t know.

I never took my JK on 37s in 11 years to the free public inspection (instead paid for private inspection) to avoid being permanently labeled as a “high rise vehicle” which requires you to go to one of three special high rise inspection locations in NJ. I had to with my TJ on 35s in the early 2000. It’s mostly fine... just a pain... you need to schedule an appointment and it could be far and they can get picky. They were picky if tread sticks out of fender and that you have mud guards on all four and height from door sill to ground.

Things May have changed since but I just didn’t want to risk it.

Not sure how they apply the law. Technically, a 38” tire isn’t actually a 38” tire. To get around a true 38, you’d probably have to run close to a 40” tire. Also, I HIGHLY doubt a cop knows that law and would EVER cite you for it. Remember, NJ also doesn’t do safety inspections so as long as you pass emissions, I don’t think that will ever be a problem.

Sponsored

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
tell me about everything from the windshield forward pls. :D
So Running 4.5" EVO Lift. JKS Swaybar Disconnect. Pedal Commander and Superchips Reflash. 38" Patagonia MTs on XF214 20" wheels. Grumper front bumper with Rigid 20" light bar. Rigid Pro 3 Cubes with Cowl Bracket. Smitty built XRC 12,000lb winch. Factory LED headlights and Turn Signals. I think that about does it from the windshield forward.

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
So Running 4.5" EVO Lift. JKS Swaybar Disconnect. Pedal Commander and Superchips Reflash. 38" Patagonia MTs on XF214 20" wheels. Grumper front bumper with Rigid 20" light bar. Rigid Pro 3 Cubes with Cowl Bracket. Smitty built XRC 12,000lb winch. Factory LED headlights and Turn Signals. I think that about does it from the windshield forward.
what about the hood?