First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Towboat Captain
IMO they really won't be that useful. Those beds are basically cutting the overall towing capacity in more than half, due too the weight of the bed. But too each his/ her own. That's why I kept me 1 ton Dodge. But then I don't think I have a trailer small enough to put behind the JT lol
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like JEEP has removed the rear box and replaced it. Here's their teaser pic...

Mopar-Jeep-concept-teaser-SEMA360.jpg

OP
OP
Willys2Gladiator

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like JEEP has removed the rear box and replaced it. Here's their teaser pic...

Jeep Gladiator Anyone covert over to a flatbed yet? Mopar-Jeep-concept-teaser-SEMA360
Good for them. Excited to see different configurations.

Now let's see a panel truck.....

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I like Norweld personally... they're lighter (like half) and cheaper (like 2/3) than Patriot's PCOR if you just want the raw utility and don't care about all the boxes, tanks, and central locking features. I suspect a barebones Norweld could be done light enough that it would be nearly a wash after removing the factory bed and bumper.

Sponsored

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
Bumping this thread.

Anyone do a flatbed tray yet? Via their Instagram account, MITS Alloy has their first couple of containers on the way over from Australia and one of the sizes will fit the JT. Talking with them, the tray, toolboxes and mounts will all add up to about 430lbs, I think I saw somewhere online that the factory bed is 400lbs give or take a few. So not much of a difference and with a more usable bed that factory.

https://mitsalloy.com.au

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Bumping this thread.

Anyone do a flatbed tray yet? Via their Instagram account, MITS Alloy has their first couple of containers on the way over from Australia and one of the sizes will fit the JT. Talking with them, the tray, toolboxes and mounts will all add up to about 430lbs, I think I saw somewhere online that the factory bed is 400lbs give or take a few. So not much of a difference and with a more usable bed that factory.

https://mitsalloy.com.au
There's no way the factory bed is 400lbs... that's nearly 8' box territory. The Ranger box is about 225lbs for reference (per Ford, the savings on the pickup box delete option) so I'd expect it around there if not less since the box is actually narrower than the Ranger.

Love the MITS stuff though... wonder where they'll land between Norweld and PCOR because I'd definitely look into one once the JT goes to full time trail duty in a few years.

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
My only problem is the flatbed does not look to have the clearance for the rear wheel articulation.
Has a very cool look though.

21RG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
4Wheeling
I like the looks on some, but why so much crap?

Guess I am a minimalist, even on long trips: Travel Light and Freeze and Night approach...

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
There's no way the factory bed is 400lbs... that's nearly 8' box territory. The Ranger box is about 225lbs for reference (per Ford, the savings on the pickup box delete option) so I'd expect it around there if not less since the box is actually narrower than the Ranger.
You mean everything you read online isn't true? That was based on someone who pulled theirs to install a camper. So probably wrong.

Sponsored

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My only problem is the flatbed does not look to have the clearance for the rear wheel articulation.
Has a very cool look though.
Not sure about the other trays, but the MITs come with either a fender kit to handle 33-35" tires or 37-40" tires. So should be ok unless you are running the new Nitto 42s.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
From the pictures on other vehicles, looks like their canopies are taller than roof height, that is one thing I don't know if I would like, but I love the idea of a flat bed with integrated tool boxes and the trundle drawer. I got a quote from PCOR a while ago and it was way out of my price range for now, but on the list...I would be selling off some mods then.

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude

Love the MITS stuff though... wonder where they'll land between Norweld and PCOR because I'd definitely look into one once the JT goes to full time trail duty in a few years.
MITS is very good kit and built very well. I would think they are on the heaver side due to their build!

@RSI North America Inc also do a flat tray, not sure if they are in North America yet though!

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
MITS is very good kit and built very well. I would think they are on the heaver side due to their build!

@RSI North America Inc also do a flat tray, not sure if they are in North America yet though!
About 430 lbs for the tray, fenders and tool boxes is what I was told by MITs.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
You mean everything you read online isn't true? That was based on someone who pulled theirs to install a camper. So probably wrong.
Yeah people struggle to grasp that bulk adds perceived weight. A bed feels heavy because it's unwieldy and takes 2-4 guys to remove. When you dedicate muscles to stabilizing, you can't lift as much despite similar effort.
Sponsored