Sponsored

Anyone else have issues with their Gladiator Transfer Case?

Rgdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I have a JT Rubicon

So I think I may be having the same issue but I'm not sure. Just over 3000 miles on my odometer and I'm getting an intermittent grinding noise coming from somewhere in the front, but only in 2wd. Noise goes away as soon as I shift to awd. No vibration like others have experienced.

I have an Icon 2-1/2" stage 5 suspension, running on 37" BFG KO2s, and re-geared the diffs to 4.88.

I've put around 800 miles since the upgrades without any issues until recently.

How do the dealerships treat you when you've modified your Jeep?
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have a JT Rubicon

So I think I may be having the same issue but I'm not sure. Just over 3000 miles on my odometer and I'm getting an intermittent grinding noise coming from somewhere in the front, but only in 2wd. Noise goes away as soon as I shift to awd. No vibration like others have experienced.

I have an Icon 2-1/2" stage 5 suspension, running on 37" BFG KO2s, and re-geared the diffs to 4.88.

There's a TSB - Technical Service Bulletin - for that sort of sound from the front axle disconnect.

Attachments

Rgdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks!

Except ā€˜bumpsā€™ really donā€™t affect mine. But everything else seems to check out.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I have a JT Rubicon

If you plan to bring your Jeep into the dealer and need our extra layer of support, we're here to help. Send us a private message to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored