Sponsored

Anyone have MasterTop summer top plus wind blocker?

canjeep33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2019 WK2
Occupation
Education
The weather has not cooperated with me so far this spring. Haven't had a chance to get the top off the Gladiator and install this yet. Anyone done so? Pictures? Thoughts?
Sponsored

DocMcStuffins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Someone finally has a video on YouTube!
I just got mine on... I got the twill version. I am running it with the doors off right now. I live in a very dry/hot climate during the Spring/Summer so virtually no chance of rain. I bought a Raingear cover just in case and for prolonged times outside (dust/pollen is more of an issue than rain).

Install was fairly straight-forward. I missed the part about anchoring the top to the sound-bar before tightening straps near the windshield. I had windshield down before putting on top thinking it would be easier, but had to take it back down and reposition the forward straps to get the windshield bolts back in. I don't like how the foward/side straps pinch against the weatherstripping (see in pics). There were also a few frayed stitches on the top that shouldn't be a problem after melting down.

Not sure if I feel/see the benefit of the dust-cover back window with doors off, and not sure how it affects wind turbulence whether off/on. I have driven with both configurations and didn't really notice a difference but I haven't sat in the back seat. It definitely helps keep the sun off my kids though. Rear window is a little loose/wavy-gravy but not horrible. The top does flap a little (>40 mph) and I haven't taken it up to freeway speeds yet. Will readjust/tighten after a few more days and reassess.

Overall though- I'd say that it is an awesome option when going doors off/hard-top off. Before I put it on, I drove around with the JT completely naked including window down. The sun was brutal. I think I could remove it in about 10 minutes if needed, and get it back on in about 20 min now. I may put doors back on when it gets hotter here (>100 F) and see how it fares with the AC on.

Two thumbs up from my perspective.

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

canjeep33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2019 WK2
Occupation
Education
Link to a post about the top if you are in the Gladiator Facebook group...

canjeep33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2019 WK2
Occupation
Education
I just got mine on... I got the twill version. I am running it with the doors off right now. I live in a very dry/hot climate during the Spring/Summer so virtually no chance of rain. I bought a Raingear cover just in case and for prolonged times outside (dust/pollen is more of an issue than rain).

Install was fairly straight-forward. I missed the part about anchoring the top to the sound-bar before tightening straps near the windshield. I had windshield down before putting on top thinking it would be easier, but had to take it back down and reposition the forward straps to get the windshield bolts back in. I don't like how the foward/side straps pinch against the weatherstripping (see in pics). There were also a few frayed stitches on the top that shouldn't be a problem after melting down.

Not sure if I feel/see the benefit of the dust-cover back window with doors off, and not sure how it affects wind turbulence whether off/on. I have driven with both configurations and didn't really notice a difference but I haven't sat in the back seat. It definitely helps keep the sun off my kids though. Rear window is a little loose/wavy-gravy but not horrible. The top does flap a little (>40 mph) and I haven't taken it up to freeway speeds yet. Will readjust/tighten after a few more days and reassess.

Overall though- I'd say that it is an awesome option when going doors off/hard-top off. Before I put it on, I drove around with the JT completely naked including window down. The sun was brutal. I think I could remove it in about 10 minutes if needed, and get it back on in about 20 min now. I may put doors back on when it gets hotter here (>100 F) and see how it fares with the AC on.

Two thumbs up from my perspective.

IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg
Some others have mentioned the rear head restraints cause the velcro to come undone but yours seems fine. Any tips? Prob going to commit to mine sometime later this month or in June.

Sponsored

DocMcStuffins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Some others have mentioned the rear head restraints cause the velcro to come undone but yours seems fine. Any tips? Prob going to commit to mine sometime later this month or in June.
I had the same issue at first as I installed mine when the window was down and top was too far forward. Once I loosened the front, the back fit much better and didn't pull off from the velcro.

As a one-month review however, I had to keep tightening mine as it was getting looser/flapping with doors off. I put the doors back on and flapping was even worse. As it is almost 100 where I am, I just put hardtop and doors back on.

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
I had the same issue at first as I installed mine when the window was down and top was too far forward. Once I loosened the front, the back fit much better and didn't pull off from the velcro.

As a one-month review however, I had to keep tightening mine as it was getting looser/flapping with doors off. I put the doors back on and flapping was even worse. As it is almost 100 where I am, I just put hardtop and doors back on.
So do you still use it or would you say it’s to loud/annoying?