XJ2JTChris

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
It took me three different dealerships before I was able to find one that diagnosed and replaced a bad pulley on mine. So yea, good luck with "dealer" and "best service" in the same sentence. They couldn't figure out something as easy as a bad pulley. It was singing like a banshee, took me all of 20 seconds to pinpoint it myself. Lol.

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
I was able to talk my dealer into buying out 13 months left in my ram lease. Granted I was buying 2 cars at the time.
Hey, this is my 1st lease, when you said the dealer bought out the lease.... what does that look like? Do they take the cash from the new sale, how’s that work?
Thanks !

Armyman247

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Hey, this is my 1st lease, when you said the dealer bought out the lease.... what does that look like? Do they take the cash from the new sale, how’s that work?
Thanks !
So when you lease obviously you owe a certain amount over a certain period of time. Well I got my dealer to buy back my vehicle with 13 months in the lease (let’s say $500/month was my payment) so they basically gave me $6500. So I was free and clear to buy my gladiator without adding in any payments.
Most dealers will start calling you around 6 months before your lease is up trying to get you into another lease. So they will pay off your old lease to get you into a new one.
I learned my lesson with leasing, it may work for some people but having to worry about miles etc... then having nothing to show for it at the end sucks.

Sponsored

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
So when you lease obviously you owe a certain amount over a certain period of time. Well I got my dealer to buy back my vehicle with 13 months in the lease (let’s say $500/month was my payment) so they basically gave me $6500. So I was free and clear to buy my gladiator without adding in any payments.
Most dealers will start calling you around 6 months before your lease is up trying to get you into another lease. So they will pay off your old lease to get you into a new one.
I learned my lesson with leasing, it may work for some people but having to worry about miles etc... then having nothing to show for it at the end sucks.
Hmm... that's pretty good. Guess I'll have to give Bonneville a call, yeah just got my 1st email about the lease end. I'll give them a shot at the price.

OP
OP
XJ2JTChris

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
Anyone know of any legal trails closer to us than RC4x4? It's about 4 hours from where I am here in CT. Would love to throw together a green/blue run for us to meet up at, but would be easier if there were some spots a bit more centralized to the New England area.

Clint

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal Sport S w Max Tow
Hello - first post on the forum

West Haven CT - picking up my black JT Rubicon in a couple weeks once the next paycheck comes in. Mark at Milford Jeep helped me out with my 2012 Liberty, my wife’s ‘15 Willys JK, my 2017 Ram 1500, and now my JT. Can’t wait

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
Anyone know of any legal trails closer to us than RC4x4? It's about 4 hours from where I am here in CT. Would love to throw together a green/blue run for us to meet up at, but would be easier if there were some spots a bit more centralized to the New England area.
Hey if I get my JT by summer maybe we can get something going up this way... plenty of class 4 & 6 roads up here in NH & VT !

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Hi! From Cape Cod.

There are a ton of local trails all around New England, but many of them are not public knowledge. To find them join an NEA affiliate club, most of them will do a trail run once a month. You will probably be the odd duck wheeling a gladiator with a bunch of wranglers but it’s the best way to get out locally. I used to run the only Toyota in a local Jeep club but now i guess I have gone to the darkside.

http://nea4wd.org/membership/member-clubs

most clubs probably run off Facebook now.

Sponsored

Rpesch08

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator overland
Hey if I get my JT by summer maybe we can get something going up this way... plenty of class 4 & 6 roads up here in NH & VT !

Would definitely make the trip for a class 4 or 6 run

Clint

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal Sport S w Max Tow
Hello - first post on the forum

West Haven CT - picking up my black JT Rubicon in a couple weeks once the next paycheck comes in. Mark at Milford Jeep helped me out with my 2012 Liberty, my wife’s ‘15 Willys JK, my 2017 Ram 1500, and now my JT. Can’t wait
Well, the Rubicon didn’t work out. Didn’t have towing, and the ones that did were out of my price range. So, I’ve built and ordered a fully-loaded Sport S in Crystal Granite. Already got a VIN, so I’m hoping it’ll be here within a month or so. I keep checking the VIN lookup to see if a window sticker has been generated yet, but no luck yet - I’m super impatient!!

This is my first Jeep (I don’t count my ‘12 Liberty Jet Edition). My wife had a ‘97 TJ for 18 years and now has a ‘16 Willys two door in Sunset Orange. I blame her for getting me infected with the Jeep bug.

Rpesch08

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator overland
With this warm weather and social distancing in effect anyone have interest in running some class 4 or 6’s this weekend?

Armyman247

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
With this warm weather and social distancing in effect anyone have interest in running some class 4 or 6’s this weekend?
Yes, where you from?... do you know trails that are open? I live in southern NH (Manchester area) not looking for super long drive to get to trails

Rpesch08

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator overland
Just outside Boston, have mapped out a few shorter runs in southern NH based on past runs on Gaia. Do not know trail openness I know it’s close to mud season, was planning on rolling the dice and headed up. Worst case I get outta the house. Was hoping I may get some local knowledge posting here!
Sponsored