2020 Pumpkin Gladiator/ 2007 Steel Blue JKU
Occupation
Pastor

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I saw this but the whole "cut out a chunk of your hood" thing isn't super appealing to me. I've got a pretty steady hand with a jigsaw but that's not something I want to do to a new truck.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to see the gains on a Dyno machine. I have never saw one give any significant gains on any stock vehicle they are added to, in some cases you lose performance. Not saying that's the case here but what makes this one any different from the rest. The stock one is more than sufficient in my opinion.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
We did a CAI on my sons 2013 R/T Challenger...…..$350 later, he picked up a whopping 1/2 HP !
Sofuckinnotworthit !
Sounds about right. It still baffles me that after all the research and testing done on these things, and the fact that you see hardly no gains compared to the cost, that people still insist on throwing one on. No point intended on bashing you by no means because I lived and learned as well on my JKU, total waste of money but hey it looked good if that's what your going for.

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
I saw this but the whole "cut out a chunk of your hood" thing isn't super appealing to me. I've got a pretty steady hand with a jigsaw but that's not something I want to do to a new truck.
☝☝☝

100% agree.

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A, 1968 Jeepster Commando, M422 Mighty Mite and 2020 Gladiator Bright White
Vehicle Showcase
Is the Mopar kit a real vent in the hood or like the stock hood and fender "vents"- plastic look-like-a-vents?

RedRaptorJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Launch Edition
From my research:

1. Same cut out template as the Mopar Snorkel. You can ran either or both together with the same hood cut out.
  2. Comes with a dry media performance air filter (no oiling) that you can wash and reuse. You can buy this air filter as a standalone (P5160245AA) and use it in your stock airbox.
  3. Physical differences from the stock air box: bigger diameter inlet piping into throttle box with no resonators. Inside of top half of air box is smooth vs. corrugated on stock. Overall more and smoother air flow.
  4. Its available for cheaper (~$350-ish plus shipping) at other online wholesale sites.
  5. A Cold Air Intake offers no performance increase in everyday driving scenarios. Don't expect this to provide anything more than a coolness factor and a bit more induction noise.

RedRaptorJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Launch Edition
Its a functional hood vent that you can open during regular driving on a nice day or close during a car wash or typhoon.

Sponsored

MojaveCT

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator mojave
Occupation
Automotive Sales Professional