Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for any feedback on the Banks cold air intake.

Anyone installed one?
Looks to have the best air volume.

Any I'll effects?
Any noticable gains?
Exhaust sound changes?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Anyone installed one?

Any I'll effects?
Any noticable gains?
Exhaust sound changes?

Thanks in advance.
I do not see any advantage to these air intakes other than making more noise. The factory one not only has an air intake up in the engine compartment but also one behind the grill where cold air is forced into the filer

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I do not see any advantage to these air intakes other than making more noise. The factory one not only has an air intake up in the engine compartment but also one behind the grill where cold air is forced into the filer
Awesome. Another post that does nothing to answer the question but give out opinions that no one asked for.

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ

Anyone installed one?

Any I'll effects?
Any noticable gains?
Exhaust sound changes?

Thanks in advance.
Have you watched Bank’s own video on it? They talk about its potential to flow more air but listen for any claims that this does anything for your performance

Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Have you watched Bank’s own video on it? They talk about its potential to flow more air but listen for any claims that this does anything for your performance
If the stock air box flows a sufficient amount of air, putting a trash can sized filter and intake on will do nothing to improve performance. What I'd really like to see is some sort of hard data on the stock set up. A third party before and after dyno showing stock vs aftermarket would be nice too. Not like the one on the Holley site where the tests were done 4 days apart. I also put zero stock in butt dynos.

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
If the stock air box flows a sufficient amount of air, putting a trash can sized filter and intake on will do nothing to improve performance. What I'd really like to see is some sort of hard data on the stock set up. A third party before and after dyno showing stock vs aftermarket would be nice too. Not like the one on the Holley site where the tests were done 4 days apart. I also put zero stock in butt dynos.
If you want to see a stock Rubicon Dyno on stock wheels and tires, and then on 37's take a look. It's a bit depressing.

Now if you want to see a mutliple mod setup, there is no dyno but he does do Tuners, Air intake and different AFE exhausts- and compares, 0-60 times. Its actually a pretty good comparison video: (late in the video the numbers are on the screen).

Invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I put one on mine and love it. Love the sound. Have a manual Outland. Put magnaflow rock crawler exhaust on first and needed more sound. Added the banks and absolutely love it. Also feel like I can hold another gear. I Tow a lot. 97 ski nautique and a 16’ trailer for my garage door biz.

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I put one on mine and love it. Love the sound. Have a manual Outland. Put magnaflow rock crawler exhaust on first and needed more sound. Added the banks and absolutely love it. Also feel like I can hold another gear. I Tow a lot. 97 ski nautique and a 16’ trailer for my garage door biz.
Could you tell a difference in the sound from the banks intake? How about better gas mileage ? Did you go dry or oil filter?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I would look to S&B or AFE over Banks. Banks stuff was outdated 10+ years ago.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I thought Banks developed a new design for the JL/JT.
Since the JT is brand new, I'm sure the item is brand new, but their are other companies that make better products.

In the diesel community, Banks is a joke. Their "brand new" products are easily beaten by other companies with better designs and better engineering...For less money. Banks is living on a name, and has been for 2 decades.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
I've gone AFE and got lucky with a 25% off sale they were having a few months back. Overall I see minimal MPG improvements if at all, but it sounds great.

Brian from Oregon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon
Occupation
I do stuff
I tow a 97 Ski Nautique 176 with my Gladiator too.
Sponsored