kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
Volant power core.
Interesting! Thanks for letting me know. Right now, I recently bought some Mojave take-off wheels and tires and so the discretionary budget is pretty well battered (even though the seller sold them to me at a very fair price) and the next wish on the wish list is a Banks Pedal Monster...
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
That doesn't even sound fun in a Gladiator. Ha.
I just put on a Flowmaster Outlaw Extreme. I’m still addicted to the rumble. Lol

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just put on a Flowmaster Outlaw Extreme. I’m still addicted to the rumble. Lol
A friend of mine has a 2010 Wrangler with a loud exhaust. Its funny. The thing weighs 4500 lbs and has 205 hp. Ha. Its a pig, but it rumbles nice.

All that is about to change though. Its going on a car carrier this weekend to go to LV to get a LT1 and an 8 speed auto installed. He's going totally stealth. Super quiet exhaust. 460 hp.

Tommjr

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Y'all can flap all you want about blablablalbalbal...... :headbang:

I just simply love the glorious sound they give us back ha, particularly with a manual.... not to mention the cleaner looking engine bay, but, for me it's the sound!!! :LOL: 🙈

20210604_155211989_iOS (2).jpg
Be77solo, did you have to add the air intake port to the hood for this set up. Really want to add CAI just not comfortable cutting my hood?

Sponsored

MagnusWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator
When I had my JK with the 3.8 push rod v6 (the slow engine) I tried putting on a CAI and it had no improvement to acceleration or performance, just made the intake sound louder. I actually think the jeep engines perform better with the factory filter, but that's just my opinion based on my butt dyno.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I oversaw the design of the OEM "Clean Side Duct" is how we refer to it. From the Airbox to the Throttle.
Thanks for your knowledge of the OEM air intake and work on the same. I've "waded" through many of the threads about CAI and different air filters over many years now. In the hundreds of thousands of miles my Jeeps have went they are very seldom at WOT driving or near redlining them. My goal is best filtering of air entering my vehicle engine to make it last. Probably why I still have 1 90 XJ 2 91s MJ and XJ and a 05 LJ w 250,000 miles between all of them it's about 1 million miles driven. Unluckily the knowledge of K&N air filters wasn't out when I got my MJ, XJ's and LJ they had K&N filters since shortly after I got them. My 90 XJ kinda has a CAI that I did for off road for water fording protection. I've not been sold on CAI on my vehicle's that stay in low rpm, I've felt how little air is drawn in on my XJ when running at idle. My LJ has a Banks cat back exhaust not for power but it's life cycle being S.S.
Now I wouldn't be put off on slightly more sound when my JT is running, heck I've forgotten it running due to how quiet it is. 😳

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Be77solo, did you have to add the air intake port to the hood for this set up. Really want to add CAI just not comfortable cutting my hood?
No cutting required, very simple install, totally happy with the sound, looks and quality.

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Probably not but it looks and sounds damn good. Same with my exhaust, sounds good and I expected nothing else. Although my exhaust did give me a solid .5-1mpg overall average improvement.
Added the Mopar intake today. We will see if anything changes. My guess is maybe as my old filter had almost 20k on it and ribs were blocked solid.

00603B4E-BEF8-4401-90C5-8C09110524BC.jpeg
Sponsored