Sponsored

S&B Cold Air Intake

jdq22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
I was going to get myself an S&B CAI. I love the truck but its impressively slow - so I wanted to start with some easy & fun bolt on mods to see if there will be any improvement in performance.

I just watched a youtube video that shows the dyno results pre and post S&B and looks like the truck lost a considerable amount of HP with the new intake (S&B). Has anyone put one in and experienced the same thing? Or perhaps the opposite?
Sponsored

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
The only way to get a real performance bump is through a tune.

I have the Livernois tune and it is excellent.

There is a thread here on it, and a really long thread on the JL Forum.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to get myself an S&B CAI. I love the truck but its impressively slow - so I wanted to start with some easy & fun bolt on mods to see if there will be any improvement in performance.

I just watched a youtube video that shows the dyno results pre and post S&B and looks like the truck lost a considerable amount of HP with the new intake (S&B). Has anyone put one in and experienced the same thing? Or perhaps the opposite?
I added the Mopar CAI. It changes the sound, but not the performance. I like the look of it, and it allows the use of the OEM paper filter.

tweak89

First Name
Leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2002 Thunderbird
If you want an actual performance boost it will take a lot more than a CAI. You would need CAI, Exhaust and Tune, but even then, the return on your investment would likely not be worth it.
Sponsored