Threads
Reaction score
Website
kentuckyhotwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1968 VW Beetle
Occupation
IT Engineer
do you feel like you gained more torque and horsepower ?? Their claims are justifiable?
Yes..definitely. Especially at the 2000 - 2500 rpm..when you punch it, it can hear it and feel it...
Sponsored

tweak89

First Name
Leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2002 Thunderbird
Not that I'm calling into question the results (that Holley dyno is for a 2018 Wrangler JL) but I think people's butt dyno results are more influenced by their right foot more than anything. I know when I've gotten new exhaust (and the couple of times I've change the intake or added hi-flow filter) in the past I feel like I'm going faster because I'm making myself go faster by stomping on the gas more so I can hear my cool new exhaust/intake.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Not that I'm calling into question the results (that Holley dyno is for a 2018 Wrangler JL) but I think people's butt dyno results are more influenced by their right foot more than anything. I know when I've gotten new exhaust (and the couple of times I've change the intake or added hi-flow filter) in the past I feel like I'm going faster because I'm making myself go faster by stomping on the gas more so I can hear my cool new exhaust/intake.

The dyno graphs on their web site are useless as posted as I noted previously. Intakes are more for sound than performance as long as the stock intake provides adequate flow. 3'rd party independent tests are normally best but as of yet I haven't seen one. They're typically more believable as long as the person performing it does not have an agenda. There's a ton of snake oil out there.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Any other feedback on cold air intakes? Can't decide which one. I am also leaning towards the Holly due to its OEM look.

I noticed some CAI don't have the small box on the left hand side of the intake tube. Anyone know what that's there for and why some have elected to not add it to there CAI while others have?

tweak89

First Name
Leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2002 Thunderbird
What are your expectations/plans? You may be better off starting with a tuner if you want a similar HP/TQ boost. Then move on to CAI/exhaust.

Both subjects, Tuner and CAI, are usually equally split as far as support for/against. So decide what you want long term and go from there.

IMO, if you are not planning on exhaust and other modifications to get a real boost in HP/TQ a tuner will give you a mild boost as well as the ability to change things up (from performance to economy, make changes to accommodate big tire changes etc.).

Sponsored

OP
OP
HouseofBoyd

HouseofBoyd

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kentuckyhotwheels.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1968 VW Beetle
Occupation
IT Engineer
Any other feedback on cold air intakes? Can't decide which one. I am also leaning towards the Holly due to its OEM look.

I noticed some CAI don't have the small box on the left hand side of the intake tube. Anyone know what that's there for and why some have elected to not add it to there CAI while others have?
After more than a month (I drive 30 highway miles to and from work), I'm very, very happy with the Holley CAI. That extra boost and sound was well worth it. No noticeable difference in gas mileage. I drive it pretty hard and it sounds and performs wonderfully.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
A
After more than a month (I drive 30 highway miles to and from work), I'm very, very happy with the Holley CAI. That extra boost and sound was well worth it. No noticeable difference in gas mileage. I drive it pretty hard and it sounds and performs wonderfully.
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback.
I think I might help stimulate the economy and purchase one myself.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2

Without seeing what you're looking at you may be talking about a heimoltz resonator. It's used to reduce unwanted resonances at certain frequencies.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Without seeing what you're looking at you may be talking about a heimoltz resonator. It's used to reduce unwanted resonances at certain frequencies.
HouseofBoyd any unwanted noises at any part of the RPM range or speed?