Sponsored

Anyone thought about dual exhaust on new Gladiator? Magna Flow or Flowmaster?

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Did you ever cut the resonator off? How does it sound?
Has anyone cut off the resonator???

It's likely going to get smashed off roading so it's damage will be an "indicator" of how hard your Gladiator's rear end came down.

I'm thinking about doing that - cutting it off where it turns downwards right around the shield next to the spare tire (see pic)...

Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 7.13.05 PM.png
Reviving this if possible to see if the resonator ever got cut off.

I just had mine at my local exhaust shop and the guy had not yet seen a gladiator, so we were brainstorming and decided that maybe we'd replace the muffler with a flowmaster and delete the rear resonator, then split the exhaust before the spare to come out with 1 black tip on each side behind the rear wheel.
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

I just had mine at my local exhaust shop and the guy had not yet seen a gladiator, so we were brainstorming and decided that maybe we'd replace the muffler with a flowmaster and delete the rear resonator, then split the exhaust before the spare to come out with 1 black tip on each side behind the rear wheel.
I thought someone had posted that they did remove the resonator. I'll have to search for it.

As for dual tips one on each side, I'd be concerned about flattening them if you're going to off road on any rocky trails

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
I purchased the Mopar performance exhaust and have to admit it may be the only thing I am on the fence about. First...the out of the box, square, out the rear set up was in my opinion both ugly and non functional (again just my opinion). Second...I am not sure I love the tone of the exhaust. Yes I know it is not a V8 but I was hoping for a little lower tone. Note - I have bad hearing loss so my hearing aids may be part of the issue.

Probably not much help but here is the original out the rear, dealership install and then the new, behind the wheel work I had done at an after market exhaust shop. I relocated as I did not like the look and feel it is highly unlikely I would crush the tips in the current location. I would most likely hit my spare first. If I smash them now it will be the least of my issues. :)

Good luck with your decision making.

Jeep Gladiator Anyone thought about dual exhaust on new Gladiator? Magna Flow or Flowmaster? Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 8.00.29 PM

Jeep Gladiator Anyone thought about dual exhaust on new Gladiator? Magna Flow or Flowmaster? IMG_2821

BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

I ended up chopping my rear resonater off with a sawzall. Sounds better but still not great. I will probably cut off the back muffler and put on a flowmaster or magnaflow muffler.

Deleted member 31576

I ended up chopping my rear resonater off with a sawzall. Sounds better but still not great. I will probably cut off the back muffler and put on a flowmaster or magnaflow muffler.
If I remember today I’ll take a video and put it up on YT. I installed the magnaflow cat back system. It’s ok. But no V8 dual exhaust.

Sponsored

BuckSawLilandtheGoose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If I remember today I’ll take a video and put it up on YT. I installed the magnaflow cat back system. It’s ok. But no V8 dual exhaust.
Nice. Yeah I don't expect a V8 sound at all. I like the V6 sound. I had a few Audi's and loved the sound of tuned exhaust on them. Albeit this is an American V6 and not supercharged it will still sound pretty good IMO.

Deleted member 31576

Nice. Yeah I don't expect a V8 sound at all. I like the V6 sound. I had a few Audi's and loved the sound of tuned exhaust on them. Albeit this is an American V6 and not supercharged it will still sound pretty good IMO.
My brother has an Audi and has had a few. This definitely is close to that - a little high pitched for a magna flow.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
What blade did you utilize for a clean cut? Exhaust guy is super slow to answer back so I'm just gonna do this in the meantime myself.

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
my 1995.5 S6 Avant and my 1991 Audi 200 both with an I5 sounded amazing above 5,000. They would sing. Go listen to the S1 from Group B.

Ran spilt manifolds on my 51 Chevy with a 235 I6 and 53 Buick with a 263 I8(yes straight 8), both also sounded great.

TPiz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2019 JL Rubicon
I have the Magnaflow dual with my supercharger. I hate it. It drones at the 2500-3500 range in which I live with between highways and hills. I'm trying to figure out an alternative. We tried a few resonators with no success with that range.

Redwings1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 1971 BB Corvette
Occupation
Sales
I went with Flowmaster and I think it sounds fine throughout
Jeep Gladiator Anyone thought about dual exhaust on new Gladiator? Magna Flow or Flowmaster? Exhaust and fla
Jeep Gladiator Anyone thought about dual exhaust on new Gladiator? Magna Flow or Flowmaster? Flap and exhaust
the rpm range. Also a truck exhaust should be out the side not the back.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I deleted the first muffler, which is a straight through resonator, to improve ground clearance. Almost no change in tone. One of few systems that seem to help power is the afe rock basher, as tested by jk gear and gadgets. It would be fairly loud, however. They noted no accel improvement from the bigger front exhaust going from the engine to the conical joint.