GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
curious on the amp hours others are seeing on the 55IM. Dometic claims something like 1.1ah @ 80 degrees i think but this is a bit deceiving. They made this model with a chill plate to make ice and from the app in ice maker mode it was consuming 2.9Ah @ less than 75 degrees.
I tested it before my first trip and it lasted 4 days on my 100ah solar generator, but forgot to test in ice mode. I accidentally left it in ice mode on my trip and it blew thru my solar generator in 36 hours leaving me dead in the water half way thru my trip.
What are others that own this fridge seeing with ice mode on?
Sponsored

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
curious on the amp hours others are seeing on the 55IM. Dometic claims something like 1.1ah @ 80 degrees i think but this is a bit deceiving. They made this model with a chill plate to make ice and from the app in ice maker mode it was consuming 2.9Ah @ less than 75 degrees.
I tested it before my first trip and it lasted 4 days on my 100ah solar generator, but forgot to test in ice mode. I accidentally left it in ice mode on my trip and it blew thru my solar generator in 36 hours leaving me dead in the water half way thru my trip.
What are others that own this fridge seeing with ice mode on?
In my opinion ice cube mode is really only usable for short trips on when its plugged directly into the JT when you are driving. Was hoping to have ice for my whiskey haha.

Jems007

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I have it. It works great, but, the main complaint I have is that it pulls the temperature readings from the coldest part of the fridge, at the bottom, and there’s likely a 8-12 degree difference between top of fridge and bottom. Food safe zone is around 38-40 I believe so I have to set it to like 33 in order to keep stuff at the top cold. Still glad I bought tot—beats using ice. It doesn’t pull much power, I’d say mostly the 1-2ah is what you can plan for at most. At night it won’t pull that much at all. That will be at it’s heavy use time. I run a 100ah Lithium battery and a 100watt MPPT solar panel and we can go out indefinitely without running into power issues here in Utah.
Sponsored