Apex Blue Acura RDX - the other half's ride

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
So our 2018 MDX lease was ending soon and we wanted to lease a 2022 MDX A-Spec. It would be our 4th MDX (5th if you count the ZDX) and my wife knew she wanted the Apex Blue A-Spec. I've been watching local Socal inventory for a few months and seeing the chip shortage impact. A-Spec MDX lease quotes (at even 10k miles a year) with $0 down were around $900/mo. For comparison, we leased our 2018 SH-AWD Tech MDX for $0 down, $513/mo (including tax). 36m, 10k mile a year. A close friend leased a 2020 Advance MDX for $0 down $505/mo (10k miles yr), including tax. Granted it was about 6 months ago and they were clearing out inventory. But to me in 12-18 months that $900/mo MDX lease is going to look ridiculously high.

So I got my wife her A-Spec in Apex Blue...but in RDX form
thumbsup.gif
The money factor and residual are very favorable on the RDX right now. Obviously the MMC is coming in 2022, but I've read its going to be a typical MMC makeover (bumpers, lights, etc). I can live with that.

I need to take more pics as this as a dealer shot of our RDX...its an amazing vehicle and I recommend any prospective MDX owner to look at the little brother. We have 2 kids and I'm a pretty large guy and we fit great. The turbo 4 and gas mileage improvement are major plusses.

I tried for months to convince her on a Wrangler Unlimited but to no avail (although she loves our Gladiator). The fuel efficient, sporty turbo 4 is a great compliment to our Gladiator.

Jeep Gladiator Apex Blue Acura RDX - the other half's ride rdx_2
Sponsored

OP
OP
DirkG

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Took some quick shots this morning...couldn't have my thread show only a dealer shot...ha

Jeep Gladiator Apex Blue Acura RDX - the other half's ride cap7a

Jeep Gladiator Apex Blue Acura RDX - the other half's ride cap5a

Jeep Gladiator Apex Blue Acura RDX - the other half's ride cap3a

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Looking good. I think they've finally got a good combo with the drivetrain and the 10 speed. Just not a total fan of the funky center console arrangement.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Great looking vehicle. Beautiful paint too.

I’ve had 3 Acura’s….2001 TL, 2007 MDX (a friggin TANK), and a 2009 RDX. All awesome vehicles. The MDX to this day was the best all-around vehicle that I’ve ever owned and it was PLANTED to the road. I really, really regret dumping it after my first job outta college.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
My wife is dying to get out of her 2020 MDX lease and in to a JLU. When she picked this up last year in April me and the kids all wanted her to grab a JLU but she wouldn't even test drive one.

Fast forward to this year and I picked up my JT. Right after the first ride with the top and doors off she was hooked and keeps looking up 4xe's.

I actually really like the MDX though, it drives great on road trips, has a ton of space and the auto-steer with auto cruise makes it way less demanding on those 5-7 hour highway road trips.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Had a ‘14 MDX SHawd tech, traded it for a ‘17 SHawd base, recently bought my daughter a new ‘20 CRV awd, seems pretty comparable to the RDX for less money, less performance for sure but it’s a small suv so not really a factor for our use. One thing that I find annoying with the MDXs is the maintenance schedule, I have done it all myself including the rear diff and transmission service, the dealers in my area really gouge you for those services which are basically just drain and refills, even the transmission on the ‘17 despite what they tell you.
Sponsored