First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Project Manager
There is still no fix for this? I have used all the USB ports and all of the issues still persist. I took mine to the dealer and they ran updates and opened a case with The higher ups I guess…it’s still sounds like it did before and what I am noticing is it is happening when the vehicle warms up. But no fix on this end, any updates would be great.

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Project Manager
Ok I have some new updates to this unforgiving issue with Carplay... So I did not fix the issue. However after doing some recon, I was able to discover that the usb cable in the back of the radio, comes out of the radio and splits to 3 places in the jeep. I knew that the static was happing on any port with any cable with any device. So I unplugged the factory USB (its wired into the harness so its a pain to remove, just tucked it in behind stereo) and added a new usb in its place, disconnecting the factory USB all together. This threw an error but after restarting the car it went away and did not return. So I put everything back together and started driving. After 15 mins it went back to the same ole thing. So then I decided to bypass the usb hub. So I ran a USB mini to lightening cable out of the back of my stereo and again it threw an error, but after restart it went away and did not come back...but it did the same thing after 15 mins it started static again. So I think it is fair to say its not the USBs and its not the Hubs. It has to be the head unit. So I started paying attention to a couple of things after hooking it all back up to factory. 1 - I can CRANK the stereo prior to it cutting in and out. After it starts cutting in and out, its like it starts compressing the audio big time and it sound terrible. 2 - Its only happening after I play music for 15 mins or more. I can turn off the head unit and not utilize the internal amplifier and let it cool, and it works fine again for 15 mins. So in conclusion, if you have a 7" head unit in your Jeep Gladiator, something is amiss with the design. Now again, this only happens while using Carplay. So I think it has to do with the converter overheating internally in the unit. So all you guys out there that are having this issue, I hate to say it, but you may need to just upgrade, or downgrade your stereo. the 5" and the 8.4" have no known issues. However the 7" is garbage. I could take it to a dealer, they will do no such troubleshooting and I will leave with the blanket statement "Ill open a case with jeep" or I could save the gas money and get a new head unit that does not do this garbage. So there ya have it...I know its not a resolution but at least we have somewhere to look. So can someone please take apart a 7" fix it and post the videos on how? That would AMAZING!

OP
OP
joeschembri12

joeschembri12

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Ok I have some new updates to this unforgiving issue with Carplay... So I did not fix the issue. However after doing some recon, I was able to discover that the usb cable in the back of the radio, comes out of the radio and splits to 3 places in the jeep. I knew that the static was happing on any port with any cable with any device. So I unplugged the factory USB (its wired into the harness so its a pain to remove, just tucked it in behind stereo) and added a new usb in its place, disconnecting the factory USB all together. This threw an error but after restarting the car it went away and did not return. So I put everything back together and started driving. After 15 mins it went back to the same ole thing. So then I decided to bypass the usb hub. So I ran a USB mini to lightening cable out of the back of my stereo and again it threw an error, but after restart it went away and did not come back...but it did the same thing after 15 mins it started static again. So I think it is fair to say its not the USBs and its not the Hubs. It has to be the head unit. So I started paying attention to a couple of things after hooking it all back up to factory. 1 - I can CRANK the stereo prior to it cutting in and out. After it starts cutting in and out, its like it starts compressing the audio big time and it sound terrible. 2 - Its only happening after I play music for 15 mins or more. I can turn off the head unit and not utilize the internal amplifier and let it cool, and it works fine again for 15 mins. So in conclusion, if you have a 7" head unit in your Jeep Gladiator, something is amiss with the design. Now again, this only happens while using Carplay. So I think it has to do with the converter overheating internally in the unit. So all you guys out there that are having this issue, I hate to say it, but you may need to just upgrade, or downgrade your stereo. the 5" and the 8.4" have no known issues. However the 7" is garbage. I could take it to a dealer, they will do no such troubleshooting and I will leave with the blanket statement "Ill open a case with jeep" or I could save the gas money and get a new head unit that does not do this garbage. So there ya have it...I know its not a resolution but at least we have somewhere to look. So can someone please take apart a 7" fix it and post the videos on how? That would AMAZING!
I have another appointment with the dealer and i’m hoping that they will get me a new 7” and if not i might have to upgrade like you said. I’m very disappointed with all the issues i’ve been having, feel like I got a lemon sometimes.
Sponsored