Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica
Occupation
System Engineer
Hello,

I found this post very intresting.
I have a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica and have the same problem with CarPlay. It seems to be an issue of all the FCA cars (Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge at least) with the 7" sceen.
I made a video of my experience, note that Android Auto works full screen and CarPlay not.

I worked with the uconnect case manager about this problem about a week ago, and their official answer was:
"1. Is Chrysler or Uconnect aware of this problem?
yes we are aware of the issue but it is not something that we can fix as that is the way it was designed by Apple.
2. Is Uconnect currently working on an update to fix it to be aligned with all the others car manufactures?
no as previously advised it is operating as designed"

my dealer told me that Chrysler is not going to fixit, so I guess it is the same for all the cars that have this crapy uconnect system.

I work in IT from 15+ years, I am sure that the uconnect engineers are able to fix it (as all the other car manufactures did), but it seems that it is not important from them to provide to their customers a great experience like all the others in the market do.

If I knew that before, I would had purchased a 8.4" screen that looks much better.

In the meantine, I am trying to make everyone aware of this so they may be not have any surpraises as we did. Maybe keep put pressure on them by social media, forum and so on can help us.

Thanks,
Andre

Sponsored

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
im really surprised by people being that bothered by it. Mine is the same way, but its livable, and doesnt really make me depressed.

Andretechno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica
Occupation
System Engineer
I am glad that you are ok with it, for me this is unacceptable.

So if you go and buy a new 70" TV, you make sure that it support every decorder of ATT TV but when you plug it in, you will see the video in a window, so in reality you can see only 50" out of 70.
Then, you realize that if you had bought a 84" TV, the same ATT TV is full screen.
Would you be happy too?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Is there a Chrysler Pacifica forum I can go return the favor and complain about Gladiator problems?

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I am glad that you are ok with it, for me this is unacceptable.

So if you go and buy a new 70" TV, you make sure that it support every decorder of ATT TV but when you plug it in, you will see the video in a window, so in reality you can see only 50" out of 70.
Then, you realize that if you had bought a 84" TV, the same ATT TV is full screen.
Would you be happy too?
big difference between sitting on a couch and watching TV, or trying to play with my radio while driving. Not apples to apples.

Andretechno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica
Occupation
System Engineer
If it is not a problem for you, why you keep posting?

This is a post of the CarPlay problem, right?
It seems that it is not a Gladiator or Pacifica problem only, don't you think?
And, you are more then welcome to join the pacifica forum, I already posted there as you can image.
I would just share my experience with you guys, as someone still hopping to have an update from Uconnect.

At this point please have your admin delete my posts and my account thanks

Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
Glad to find this thread. I find this very annoying as well. I guess because I’m used to CarPlay in my other vehicle, a 2019 Ford Expedition. Ford’s SYNC software is way superior to UConnect when it comes to CarPlay, and to be honest overall aesthetics. With SYNC, when you plug in your iPhone, CarPlay fills the entire screen. Then the Ford menu bar across the bottom only appears as an overlay if you touch the screen so you can access those features (radio/climate/settings etc) if needed. It then disappears a few seconds later. I can see this not being a big concern for some who haven’t had this functionality or don’t really have a need for or want this type of tech. I was considering upgrading to the 8.4 unit hoping CarPlay would fill the screen, but I appreciate the pictures showing that although CarPlay does extend the full width of the 8.4 screen, it does not extend the full heigth, leaving a bar across the top and the menu bar across the bottom visible at all times. I can live with the 7” unit and it’s limitations for now but I guess I’ll continue to look for an alternative solution to the OEM units.

MudderNuker

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired@52
Reviving this thread from the dead! I just picked up my '21 Willys Sport with the 7" screen. I'm not sure how to describe the disappointment when I say the microscopic CarPlay screen within the already small screen. Feels like I have to drive with binos just to see the screen. I had a Ram 1500 with the 8.4 and CarPlay looked great on it. Not sure what Jeep or their engineers were thinking when the blew it with this one. But that isn't the main problem. Mine keeps cutting up and disconnecting from CarPlay. For the moment I'm just streaming audio over BT. What a disappointment! That being said, I'm not sure it justifies the expense and the headaches of going aftermarket. Especially now that I'm retiring next Wednesday. Maybe a used 8.4 unit to retrofit. Will it be plug and play?

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
Reviving this thread from the dead! I just picked up my '21 Willys Sport with the 7" screen. I'm not sure how to describe the disappointment when I say the microscopic CarPlay screen within the already small screen. Feels like I have to drive with binos just to see the screen. I had a Ram 1500 with the 8.4 and CarPlay looked great on it. Not sure what Jeep or their engineers were thinking when the blew it with this one. But that isn't the main problem. Mine keeps cutting up and disconnecting from CarPlay. For the moment I'm just streaming audio over BT. What a disappointment! That being said, I'm not sure it justifies the expense and the headaches of going aftermarket. Especially now that I'm retiring next Wednesday. Maybe a used 8.4 unit to retrofit. Will it be plug and play?
I have a '22 and when I had an Iphone, the sound would cut in and out when connected via carplay, almost like a cd skipping. Tried different cords. Never could fix the problem but I eventually switched to an android as I do prefer android auto. I do have situations where it won't connect to android auto or disconnects which I'm going to blame on a dirty connector on the phone. Who knows. I've had a few problems with both types of phones with no fix.

MudderNuker

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired@52
I tried looking in the radio settings for the firmware information but couldn't find it. Perhaps this the way the 7" radio is. Will need to research which aftermarket head unit will fit best. I honestly don't want to lose the vehicle settings so more than likely I'll go the 8.4 route.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I tried looking in the radio settings for the firmware information but couldn't find it. Perhaps this the way the 7" radio is. Will need to research which aftermarket head unit will fit best. I honestly don't want to lose the vehicle settings so more than likely I'll go the 8.4 route.
You have to go into "Dealer Mode". On the HVAC control, press the drivers side temp up/down and front windshield defrost buttons at the same time and hold for a few seconds. The dealer mode screen will show up and it is under the radio part information menu.
Sponsored