Uconnect 7” touch screen flickers

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
I too have the flicker in my 2020 sport 7". Android Auto. Most noticeable with google maps running. Tried different cables. This is clearly a software issue.
I am losing hope. I took it into the shop again and they are telling me they aren’t able to replicate it again. They must have a special cord or something because it happens all the time with me. Then again I wasn’t able to start my Jeep and I got a service shifter with a check in light and magically they aren’t able to find the issue. I guess check in lights mean nothing now.
Sponsored

OP
OP

guittarmaster

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Xterra (soon to purchase gladiator)
Occupation
Chemist
I took my truck in for the oil change and multi- point inspection, and asked them to look at the uConnect. They showed me some paperwork that basically said jeep is aware of this problem and will have an update for it this spring.
Just have to sit back and wait until then.
They also put me down for the steering service bulletin as well. So excited.

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
I took my truck in for the oil change and multi- point inspection, and asked them to look at the uConnect. They showed me some paperwork that basically said jeep is aware of this problem and will have an update for it this spring.
Just have to sit back and wait until then.
They also put me down for the steering service bulletin as well. So excited.
Great to hear. I was told by my dlr it was my phone and to wait for the next update also.

jrb517

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow - Bright White, 2008 BMW 328i e93
Occupation
Software
If there is a software update this spring and it doesn't address carplay not taking the whole width of the screen... I'll be upset. @JeepCares any insight on what this update will entail?

Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Mine has done it since day one as well (32,000 miles now) and like others, I think it is connected to CarPlay. I have used brand new Apple cords and no change...I regularly clean my charge ports...but I also have issues with my USB ports and the head unit recognizing my phone from time to time. Switching between the dash USB and the center console USB ports helps but then ends up doing the same thing. When I first got my 12 Pro, it wouldn't recognize it for almost 30-40 minutes and then poof, it came back. I'm convinced it's a software issue. Uconnect doesn't get updated nearly as often as our phones' IOS does, so there are bound to be compatibility issues.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
If there is a software update this spring and it doesn't address carplay not taking the whole width of the screen... I'll be upset. @JeepCares any insight on what this update will entail?
As the customer care team, we do not have direct access to this information and unfortunately cannot speculate at this time. However, we will be sure to share any associated documentation here on the forum as soon as we are able to learn more.

Alison
JeepCares

Gmac03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys D
Mine would flicker, went to the fuse box, found about 15 fuses barely hanging on. Secured all of them and have had zero issues since. (Don’t want to jinx it)

Does sound like a software glitch but worth a shot. Good luck.

ArmyJeepGuy666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Mine would flicker, went to the fuse box, found about 15 fuses barely hanging on. Secured all of them and have had zero issues since. (Don’t want to jinx it)

Does sound like a software glitch but worth a shot. Good luck.
Im actually gonna give this a go, just for fun

Sponsored

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Here’s a new one. I started up the gladiator today and the UConnect had issues loading. Took about a couple minutes to load up. I’ve had the issue with the screen flickering but this is new. Have you all experienced this before or I heard there was an update coming out is it over the air? Could be the cause of the issues with start up. If not maybe this thing is finally starting to go and the dealer can stop giving me the run around of they can’t replicate the issue and everything looks normal.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Here’s a new one. I started up the gladiator today and the UConnect had issues loading. Took about a couple minutes to load up. I’ve had the issue with the screen flickering but this is new. Have you all experienced this before or I heard there was an update coming out is it over the air? Could be the cause of the issues with start up. If not maybe this thing is finally starting to go and the dealer can stop giving me the run around of they can’t replicate the issue and everything looks normal.
I think only the 8.4 radios have any capability of OTA updates.

I have had my radio one time in the last 20 months of ownership actually fail to load on startup. Cycled power off for a minute and back on and everything came up fine.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Mine is doing this. I'll call for the update at my dealer.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
Jeep Cares
Sponsored