First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineer
I did the ARB single compressor under hood install using the engine cover mount. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. Only time will tell. Currently only using it for tire inflation. If it works out well, then I'll relocate the air chuck. Temporarily have the switch mounted under the hood as well but will be routing that into the cab once I know its staying.

IMG_4053.JPEG

IMG_4057.JPEG

IMG_4062.JPEG

IMG_4063.JPEG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wholand

Wholand

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineer
are you planning to run an air tank as well? I am really leaning towards this mount but I can't figure out where to mount an air tank.
Not any time soon. I don't run tools off it. Just for airing up tires and I do those one at a time. 15 to 36psi in under 2 minutes a tire so I'm good with that.

However, I've already decided I'm going to move it. I'm surprised how much heat it soaks up when its not in use and with very little engine run time. I also found that even though it clears the hood at idle, it actually makes contact with the hood insulation when driving around town, not even wheeling. That's with a sport hood so your Rubicon hood may be different.

download.png

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Not any time soon. I don't run tools off it. Just for airing up tires and I do those one at a time. 15 to 36psi in under 2 minutes a tire so I'm good with that.

However, I've already decided I'm going to move it. I'm surprised how much heat it soaks up when its not in use and with very little engine run time. I also found that even though it clears the hood at idle, it actually makes contact with the hood insulation when driving around town, not even wheeling. That's with a sport hood so your Rubicon hood may be different.

Jeep Gladiator ARB CKMA12 compressor install using the engine cover mount download
wow. Thanks for the update. Where are you moving it to? I am going to use a small tank for air horns. Not planning on tools. I like the 813 mount under the rear seat but don’t know where to plumb the air lines from the cab to the outside.

Lives The Dream

First Name
Meericole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 cj5, 1995 YJ, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT

Jeep Gladiator ARB CKMA12 compressor install using the engine cover mount download
why not rotate it 90*, it will fit better. (pump to front, tank to back) Also a small tank will decrease your duty cycle for tires, how much depends on tank size.
Sponsored