First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
SnugTop used to be a great shell till they moved to Mexico and now they are, sub par at best. I have one on my Ram 2500 and just did the Mojave road with no issues. They don't make a JT shell. I think that ARE is the top JT fiberglass shell maker. IMO it looks the best. I would like to see frameless side windows like the CX Revo but no plans of that for now. Not sure how well the frame less rear window seals on the CX Evo so will probably go with the classic.
Sponsored

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
I still have no idea what you guys are talking about with the cap scratching paint. Anyone have a pic?

ckgjt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max ToE
I still have no idea what you guys are talking about with the cap scratching paint. Anyone have a pic?
so I dont have any pics of where it hits and I am out of town right now Or I would take a pic...the shell edges hang down a little lower than where it sits on the bed rails and because of that they can hit the corners of the bed and sometimes all long the bedside if not raised up enough. If you look at my pic the shell sits real close to the bedsides/corners with two weatherstrips on. With one it would sit like a 1/8 of a inch off the bedside...fine if just going down paved roads but washboard roads would cause it to hit.
Jeep Gladiator ARE camper shell questions tempImageoxquso
The shell does move a round a little bit even when clamped tight (I have 3 clamps on each side where the installer only puts two on). The only way to keep it from moving is to bolt it down and I am not yet there to drill holes on bed rails and caps.

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
I have the CX hd (basically the classic with an internal frame) and love the looks and use of it. I’ve had it installed and on a few off-road trips since September of last year. No leaking and no complaints. Mines painted to match and even on tight trails and through trees and large brush I’ve not scratched or damaged the paint.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
so I dont have any pics of where it hits and I am out of town right now Or I would take a pic...the shell edges hang down a little lower than where it sits on the bed rails and because of that they can hit the corners of the bed and sometimes all long the bedside if not raised up enough. If you look at my pic the shell sits real close to the bedsides/corners with two weatherstrips on. With one it would sit like a 1/8 of a inch off the bedside...fine if just going down paved roads but washboard roads would cause it to hit.
Jeep Gladiator ARE camper shell questions tempImageoxquso
The shell does move a round a little bit even when clamped tight (I have 3 clamps on each side where the installer only puts two on). The only way to keep it from moving is to bolt it down and I am not yet there to drill holes on bed rails and caps.
Are you clamping to the bed rails or onto the bed?

Sponsored

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
I have not noticed any scratches on the bed from the CX. I still retained the plastic edge trim the bed comes with. I also wheel it pretty hard and fast down rough dirt roads. I also got rid of those crappy clamps and use 4 bolts drilled through the bed top edge to hold the topper down.

If you want a color get a color topper I have dragged my topper and truck body panels against desert flora and get matching desert pin strips. The paint of the topper is just as good as the paint of the truck.

I also moved away from a trail rail type system, not super helpful once the topper is on, as it's most helpful for strapping stuff down when they are taller then the bed and the topper limits that.

I have moved to molle side panels and using aluminum cargo track bolted to the bed to hold my stuff in place.

Best close up i have at the moment
Jeep Gladiator ARE camper shell questions 1649722026934

Jeep Gladiator ARE camper shell questions 1649722222002

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
I have not noticed any scratches on the bed from the CX. I still retained the plastic edge trim the bed comes with. I also wheel it pretty hard and fast down rough dirt roads. I also got rid of those crappy clamps and use 4 bolts drilled through the bed top edge to hold the topper down.

If you want a color get a color topper I have dragged my topper and truck body panels against desert flora and get matching desert pin strips. The paint of the topper is just as good as the paint of the truck.

I also moved away from a trail rail type system, not super helpful once the topper is on, as it's most helpful for strapping stuff down when they are taller then the bed and the topper limits that.

I have moved to molle side panels and using aluminum cargo track bolted to the bed to hold my stuff in place.

Best close up i have at the moment

What's that little tailgate cover you've got there?

OP
OP
WhyNotJeep

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
Mine is ordered now. I went with the matching color paint, standard slider windows, dual locks on the rear window. Dealer suggested the dual locks as they do a better job of closing and keeping it sealed. I see most here have the one center handle. How well does that keep things sealed up secure. I could probably switch it still.
Sponsored