First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Rubicon Unlimited, JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
ARMORLITE
With all of the shortages of overseas products and materials, I just wanted to let you guys know that Armorlite products are in stock and ready to ship.

We do not have an active inventory tied to our site yet, but unless we note a backorder on a product it is in stock. We produce everything out of Old Fort, NC and ship from there as well. We are generally pretty quick and will give you a UPS tracking number.

So order with confidence we won't bait and switch you with a backorder.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Rubicon Unlimited, JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
ARMORLITE
Hello, how impactful is the sound improvement? Significant? Mild?
We have not lab tested a Gladiator yet. We have seen a several DB reduction in the lower frequency range on our other models. Our floor helps with road noise, especially for most of us with a more aggressive tire. The insulation is 2x thicker than stock and is a tighter weave making it denser, this will help with both temperature insulation as well as sound absorption.

The problem with any Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator is wind noise. That shape and look the Jeep is known for creates a substantial amount of wind noise not to mention exposed hinges and what not that create more wind turbulence, then there is the location of the roof and door seams. All of this add to the noise in the cabin in the higher frequency range.

Long story short, sound traveling through the floor of your vehicle, there is a noticeable improvement.

Sponsored

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Got mine in. Install was easy. Less than 2 hours from trim removal to all flooring in.

Reinstalling interior panels.....it took me 1 hour per lower B trim. Was absolute hell. I think the product needs reworked here...there was just way too much pressure from the edge of the Armorlite pushing the trim away from the 4 clips in the middle of the lower B panel inward. Didn't get it looking very good and cursed like a sailor. That said I am still happy and it is a super high quality product.

B pillar....this lip on the product seriously interferes with the panel trim clips.

Jeep Gladiator Armorlite is in stock, no backorders 20211117_190514

All done.

Jeep Gladiator Armorlite is in stock, no backorders 20211117_212946

Jeep Gladiator Armorlite is in stock, no backorders 20211117_213003

Jeep Gladiator Armorlite is in stock, no backorders 20211117_213021

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
We have not lab tested a Gladiator yet. We have seen a several DB reduction in the lower frequency range on our other models. Our floor helps with road noise, especially for most of us with a more aggressive tire. The insulation is 2x thicker than stock and is a tighter weave making it denser, this will help with both temperature insulation as well as sound absorption.

The problem with any Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator is wind noise. That shape and look the Jeep is known for creates a substantial amount of wind noise not to mention exposed hinges and what not that create more wind turbulence, then there is the location of the roof and door seams. All of this add to the noise in the cabin in the higher frequency range.

Long story short, sound traveling through the floor of your vehicle, there is a noticeable improvement.
For those interested in sound...understand what 'several dB' means. dB is logarithmic. 3dB reduction = HALF the sound level. It's huge. Let's say something is 100dB. How much louder is something 103dB? TWICE AS LOUD!

I put my Armorlite in this evening and drove to get beer afterward....the sound reduction is major in my JT Mojave with no headliner.

Cheat sheet:

3dB - 2x
6dB - 4x
10dB - 10x

Think about about. 110dB is TEN TIMES as loud as 100dB.

en2dirt

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Got mine in. Install was easy. Less than 2 hours from trim removal to all flooring in.

Reinstalling interior panels.....it took me 1 hour per lower B trim. Was absolute hell. I think the product needs reworked here...there was just way too much pressure from the edge of the Armorlite pushing the trim away from the 4 clips in the middle of the lower B panel inward. Didn't get it looking very good and cursed like a sailor. That said I am still happy and it is a super high quality product.

B pillar....this lip on the product seriously interferes with the panel trim clips.

All done.

I'm dreading the removal and reinstallation of all the plastic pieces.

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
I'm dreading the removal and reinstallation of all the plastic pieces.
I broke 4 or 5 clips taking my time and using a 12 piece interior trim toolset. Oh well.

NoDoorsNoProblem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, 2004 TJ Unlimited

All done.

Installed mine last night and had the exact same issue. I couldn’t get the driver’s side trim under the B-pillar or next ti the front door opening to latch in. I had an absolute hell of a time trying to get the passenger side in, and only got it to get back together by hammer fisting the plastic piece into the door sill as hard as I can. I tried the same thing multiple times on the driver’s side and no luck.

Another place the product seems too thick underneath the rear of the center console. When I went to go reinstall the center console bolts, the fronts went in fine, but there is absolutely no way to get the rears in. With my absolute full weigh/force pushing down on the rear of the center console, only half the threaded whole is visible. No way I am able to get one, let alone both bolts in the rear. Extremely frustrating, and I’m driving around without the rear bolted in until I can either get a dremel to shave off some of the bottom of the rear console where it meets the floor.

Last place I was very disappointed was the coverage underneath the front seats. I have the front and rear portions, and there is a huge gap underneath both front seats adjacent to the center console where a bunch of electrical wiring runs through, where you can see in the below picture. This is all completely exposed and not covered by the product. I was anticipating this being a product where I could turn on a hose and rinse out the floors, and I don’t really think it’s the case here. Overall a bit disappointed. For the lack of coverage, difficulty of install/trim pieces that won’t reattach correctly, and the price, I may have just gone with some full coverage Weathertechs or something similar.
Jeep Gladiator Armorlite is in stock, no backorders FA636A89-792F-4822-9FFA-EDAA642EB1DD

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Installed mine last night and had the exact same issue. I couldn’t get the driver’s side trim under the B-pillar or next ti the front door opening to latch in. I had an absolute hell of a time trying to get the passenger side in, and only got it to get back together by hammer fisting the plastic piece into the door sill as hard as I can. I tried the same thing multiple times on the driver’s side and no luck.

Another place the product seems too thick underneath the rear of the center console. When I went to go reinstall the center console bolts, the fronts went in fine, but there is absolutely no way to get the rears in. With my absolute full weigh/force pushing down on the rear of the center console, only half the threaded whole is visible. No way I am able to get one, let alone both bolts in the rear. Extremely frustrating, and I’m driving around without the rear bolted in until I can either get a dremel to shave off some of the bottom of the rear console where it meets the floor.

Last place I was very disappointed was the coverage underneath the front seats. I have the front and rear portions, and there is a huge gap underneath both front seats adjacent to the center console where a bunch of electrical wiring runs through, where you can see in the below picture. This is all completely exposed and not covered by the product. I was anticipating this being a product where I could turn on a hose and rinse out the floors, and I don’t really think it’s the case here. Overall a bit disappointed. For the lack of coverage, difficulty of install/trim pieces that won’t reattach correctly, and the price, I may have just gone with some full coverage Weathertechs or something similar.
Jeep Gladiator Armorlite is in stock, no backorders FA636A89-792F-4822-9FFA-EDAA642EB1DD
Ah man disappointing as I was really interested in this as a replacement for my carpet and to just be able to washout sand, etc. But seems like might have to wait and see if they make some adjustments

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
I think this is an excellent product for pet owners who otherwise would have pet hair spread throughout the interior; and I can see the case for those who frequently have snowy shoes and are worried about snow falling onto unprotected space entering or exciting the vehicle.

Otherwise, given the price, install time needed, and resale challenges, it's hard for me to make the case for this product versus high-end floormats which cost less than 1/3 the amount, install in 2 minutes, and can be swapped into another Jeep in the same 2 minutes.

I've been working my Gladiator hard since I got it, and have been in sand, mud, manure (!), or rain every day since I picked it up. I'm sure Armorlite would have protected my Jeep great, but my Husky floormats are also protecting it great and I've encountered few if any situations where they've not been sufficient to protect my floors. Granted my kids are less careful than I am about swinging feet directly onto the mats, but the rear Husky mat coverage is so good even that isn't much of an issue.

The Husky liners cost $200 (and, incidentally, have a real return policy and not a 'return policy' which I learned is disappointingly just a warranty in disguise). I'm sure Armorlite is superior, and at 50% or maybe even 100% more than the cost of the Husky's I'd be sold, but given all the ancillary downsides the core product hasn't convinced me it's worth the 225% premium it's asking.
Sponsored