Sponsored

As we celebrate our freedom let us remember how we got here (Jeep related)

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Obviously I’m not referring to the Revolutionary War but one that is more recent, World War 2 was one of the worlds major conflicts and some of us have relatives who were involved in that event that changed the world. In my family, both my Father, Grandfather and Father in law were involved in one aspect or another.

For the purposes of this post I’m going to refer to my FIL who came ashore on Omaha beach on that fateful day. He survived and went on to go all the way to the Rhine River having been wounded four times and getting the Purple Heart and Bronze Stars along the way. He did use a Jeep to help him in his reconnaissuance missions as well as a M8 Greyhound armored car.

With that in mind here is an article about recreating the travels of a Jeep through WW2.
I hope you take the time to read it and thank those who have fought for our freedoms.

Love you Pawpaw!

https://www.hagerty.com/media/magaz...remembering-normandy-in-a-75-year-old-willys/
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator willys
Obviously I’m not referring to the Revolutionary War but one that is more recent, World War 2 was one of the worlds major conflicts and some of us have relatives who were involved in that event that changed the world. In my family, bot my Father, Grandfather and Father in law were involved in one aspect or another.

For the purposes of this post I’m going to refer to my FIL who came ashore on Omaha beach on that fateful day. He survived and went on to go all the way to the Rhine River having been wounded four times and getting the Purple Heart and Bronze Stars along the way. He did use a Jeep to help him in his reconnaissuance missions as well as a M8 Greyhound armored car.

With that in mind here is an article about recreating the travels of a Jeep through WW2.
I hope you take the time to read it and thank those who have fought for our freedoms.

Love you Pawpaw!

https://www.hagerty.com/media/magaz...remembering-normandy-in-a-75-year-old-willys/
I,m a viet era vet. Remember the disdain we received coming home. Still hurts. Remember those that defend what we have.

Tanners Owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired Soldier and DAC
Thanks for sharing the link and the family history. As a retiree from the Army, posts like this resonate with me.

I’ve always wanted a military Jeep, but never had the shop to store and work on one. Yesterday, took my grandsons to our local small town festival where there were both a current HMWWV based ambulance with soldiers from the 62nd Med BDE stationed nearby at JBLM and several vintage military Jeeps from WWII, Korea and Vietnam. Kids had a grand time & it brought back memories of the M151 jeeps I had in my direct support maintenance shop early in my Army career.
Sponsored