First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado 1500 Custom/Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Occupation
Retired for now!
I had a 2021 JTR and traded it in on a 2022 Ford Ranger Tremor. The Tremor is a great truck and I received some cash back on the trade so I could easily afford to have my dog have surgery on both her knees. Surgery went well for my dog and i am very pleased about that. For some silly reason, even though the Tremor is a sweet truck, I still missed having a Jeep. So, with the $4,000 rebates on the Gladiators right now, I am trading back to a 2023 JT Sport in black. After about 3 weeks of looking around, I found one that I think will be great to upgrade and make it like I want. Plus the deal is very good as well. My wife thinks I am nuts, and maybe I am, but once I had a JT, I had to have another.

So, here we go again...LOL!!!

Here is the Tremor I am trading in:

Jeep Gladiator Here we go again! IMG_31088
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Good Job. I would of probably got something better than a Ranger but at least you came to your senses:like:

Edit: for the Ranger Lover bashing that's coming, I don't hate Rangers just would of gotten something better!

Ankh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator, '10 commander
Occupation
Steel
Vehicle Showcase
Could you do a summary review of strengths/weaknesses of each truck. Speed/torque, rideability, and what you'll miss/missed most about each truck. Wishing a quick and complete recovery to your dog.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
Could you do a summary review of strengths/weaknesses of each truck. Speed/torque, rideability, and what you'll miss/missed most about each truck. Wishing a quick and complete recovery to your dog.
Thanks John!
Both are great vehicles! The Ranger has more power with the 2.3 liter inline 4 turbo. The Ranger gets a little better gas mileage as well. I could get about 22 to 23 MPG driving easy on the highway with the Jeep Gladiator Rubicon I had before. Not sure of the Gladiator Sport with the less aggressive tires. I can get up to 25 to 26 MPG driving easy on the highway with the Ranger Tremor.
You actually get a lot with the Tremor for the price. However, Jeeps will hold their value over time better. I like the idea of customizing or adding accessories and it is endless with Jeep vehicles. They both ride pretty good too. Being reliable, both have had pretty good track record. However, the Rangers seem to have some issues, for some, with the transmission when you get close to 80 to 90 thousand miles. And there has been some issues with the vent controls in the heater/ac units. Jeeps seem to sometimes have issues with axle seals. Again, overall, both vehicles are reliable in MHO. I think that the Jeeps might be a little bit stronger for off road use. However, I normally do not venture off road and if I do it would be easy trails. The Ranger will tow about the same as a Jeep with Max Tow, however I only tow a small, enclosed motorcycle trailer or an open landscape trailer, so towing ability will be fine for me!
Thanks for the kind words about my dog. Both surgery's, were pretty expensive. However, she is part of the family, and we love the little furry critter! And, she is doing much better now!!!

Edit: I forgot to mention the option of taking off the freedom panels or top completely off and the doors off on the Jeep. With the Ranger, that is not an option 🙁

Last edited:

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Glad to hear the dog is better!

Sponsored

AmosMoses01

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Technology
Piling on with happy thoughts about your dog getting better - using the cash you got to get your dog the surgery she needed is absolutely the best reason I've heard so far for trading in a JT. :) We had a Cocker Spaniel that had to have three knee surgeries in her lifetime, so I know what that expense is like.

Awesome to hear you're back in a JT too!

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired for now!
Piling on with happy thoughts about your dog getting better - using the cash you got to get your dog the surgery she needed is absolutely the best reason I've heard so far for trading in a JT. :) We had a Cocker Spaniel that had to have three knee surgeries in her lifetime, so I know what that expense is like.

Awesome to hear you're back in a JT too!
I appreciate you and others thanking me for making the right decision back when I traded in the Rubicon. Sasha, our border collie/lab mix, had to have CCL knee surgery (like a human's ACL knee surgery) on both knees. It was tough seeing her suffer before the surgeries. I asked the vet what happens to others with dogs that need these specialized surgeries and do not have the money to get them done. He told me that most just keep the dogs on pain meds or have the dog put down. I am just lucky and blessed that I was able to get the surgeries done. Sasha is again acting like a happy dog and that makes it worth it. I know you understand that very well, Albert!