Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Wrangler: MW3 Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I just received my '22 Gladiator back from having a 4.88 re-gear done and now I'm getting a warning light for axle lock failure. The 4x4 shop that did the re-gear is telling me to buy the Z Locker dongles to overcome this issue. I've seen a few threads in this forum dating back a couple of years that describe how the axle lock sensor is prone to failure and a more recent post that seems to indicate a Mopar fix may be available. I'm a little miffed to get my Jeep back with this issue, especially when they were working on the diffs. Now I'm in a completely different state with no way to drive back to the shop. Does anyone have recent experience getting the sensors fixed without a major axle overhaul?

What would you do? Just get the Z Locker dongles? Go to a dealership and try for the Mopar repair with the risk of them calling warranty foul?
Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
So you had a shop do the gears and then it’s not working correctly… sounds like they are at fault. They should fix it or supply the dongles for you IMO.

Mopar more than likely will refuse to do a warranty repair due to the fact that you have had to remove the entire gear/locker assembly out of the axle by another shop. Mopar will say not their fault.

personally I have not had any issues with my rubi lockers so I haven’t used the “dongles”. I heard that they do work.

good luck on your situation sir

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I think the regear shop made you a problem. If you have any plans of returning to where the shop is schedule to have them check it out. However, now that going back is not convenient first thing you should do is determine if the lockers are engaging or not when activated. Second get under the Jeep and check out the locker connection at the axle. Most likely the Dealer will not be interested in your problem. If you can not get back to the shop where you had the regear done look for a good shop that has a history with Jeeps and regearing. Good luck and keep us posted.
Sponsored