First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self employed
Maybe a service bulletin. But not a recall. Since it's not a safety issue for the locker to not work. Technically, they recommend never using the locker on the road anyway, so the NHTSA would have no interest in recalling it, unless it gets stuck locked. I think they're getting stuck unlocked, though?
after a day out 4wding yesterday, i fear i have the reverse problem. Drove 50km home and upon doing u turn in my driveway it appears my rear locker and centre transfer case locks are still engaged (dash says everything is unlocked) and it's also in 2wd according to lever,hower clearly not...drives off the jacks when rear is in the air and front is on ground..

I've posted a new thread asking for guidance
Sponsored

erik1220

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Just got my sensor repaired under the powertrain warranty yesterday. Took a few weeks for the part to come in. I am at 51k miles on the 2020 Mojave. They confirmed the oil had penetrated the old sensor. This issue came up during a road trip where I was towing a boat for several hours.

Testedone

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Just got my sensor repaired under the powertrain warranty yesterday. Took a few weeks for the part to come in. I am at 51k miles on the 2020 Mojave. They confirmed the oil had penetrated the old sensor. This issue came up during a road trip where I was towing a boat for several hours.

Not hijacking this thread, but... I have a Rubicon and I always wondered how different the Mojave ride was.

We bought a like new JLU (High Tide) for my wife and while there I drove a Mojave.... Almost traded my Rubi in for it..that was a nice ride

erik1220

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Not hijacking this thread, but... I have a Rubicon and I always wondered how different the Mojave ride was.

We bought a like new JLU (High Tide) for my wife and while there I drove a Mojave.... Almost traded my Rubi in for it..that was a nice ride
I test drove pretty much every trim and configuration of the gladiator and definitely found the Mojave the most comfortable and stable. I also just loved the look of the hood and suspension of it.

Trollboogie

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
Love mine........ It's way better than the wife's JLUR. But it is heavier and longer

Sponsored

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
Well... looks like mine will be failing soon (at least the rear one).

Jeep Gladiator Axle Locker Sensor Issue - Repair Kit Fix Released for JT / JL! 1707142678620

Two questions for y'all:

1) If it's not failing yet, but you can see there is some oil in there, is it too late to try and fix it (by potting)?

2) The MOPAR part number in the first post shows what looks like 5 pieces in the kit:

Does it really come with 5 sensors for $300? I can't seem to wrap my head around why there would be 5 - we only have 2 axles... and I can't imagine MOPAR would sell anything that cheap (5 for $300). The picture is confusing to me...​
Thanks!

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Well... looks like mine will be failing soon (at least the rear one).

Jeep Gladiator Axle Locker Sensor Issue - Repair Kit Fix Released for JT / JL! 1707142678620

Two questions for y'all:

1) If it's not failing yet, but you can see there is some oil in there, is it too late to try and fix it (by potting)?

2) The MOPAR part number in the first post shows what looks like 5 pieces in the kit:

Does it really come with 5 sensors for $300? I can't seem to wrap my head around why there would be 5 - we only have 2 axles... and I can't imagine MOPAR would sell anything that cheap (5 for $300). The picture is confusing to me...​
Thanks!
I had priced one sensor up here in Canada and it was just over $500 cad for one. This ad warrants contacting Mopar on line and asking.

I have read a while back in the JL forums that if the sensor hasn’t failed, drilling those small holes and spraying in the circuit board cleaner, drying it out and potting wouldn’t hurt it. If you’re super careful with the drilling part, the cleaner won’t hurt it.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I had priced one sensor up here in Canada and it was just over $500 cad for one. This ad warrants contacting Mopar on line and asking.
@AllMoparParts.com Can you confirm what's included in this "kit?" Thanks!

I'm gonna guess it's just one, but why the picture of 5 with numbers on them?

dos0711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
My rear locker started the blinking light problem. I order the Z Auto bypass cable and it's been working with no issues. Had ARB air lockers in my TJ and they didn't tell you they were locked either. You'll know if it isn't locked lol

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
If it's not failing yet, but you can see there is some oil in there, is it too late to try and fix it (by potting)?
if it’s not failing yet then there’s still hope to save it. It’s worth a shot if you want to keep things OEM (and not use that z bypass cable).

it’s super easy to do. I did mine a while back.

Sponsored

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
@AllMoparParts.com Can you confirm what's included in this "kit?" Thanks!

I'm gonna guess it's just one, but why the picture of 5 with numbers on them?
Hi Austin,
5 are included but only 1 is used and is dependent and unique per each application. I have attached the service info for additional context.

- Benny

Attachments

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Hi Austin,
5 are included but only 1 is used and is dependent and unique per each application. I have attached the service info for additional context.

- Benny
Interesting... so it's trial and error until you find the right one :)

Thanks for posting this, Benny!
Sponsored