First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
Hello all, I found out last night at the Boise Airport that you cannot elevate or remove the two headrests in the backseat. Jeep blew it here, the tether that attaches to the rear bulkhead teather loop is unusable unless you tear the rear seat apart. Check out the uTube video, not a difficult task but not something you want to do in a parking garage as it gets dark.
If you are looking at a Glad or have small children beware of this.
My grandkids rolled in last night, this is a major oversite by Jeep for young families.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Hello all, I found out last night at the Boise Airport that you cannot elevate or remove the two headrests in the backseat. Jeep blew it here, the tether that attaches to the rear bulkhead teather loop is unusable unless you tear the rear seat apart. Check out the uTube video, not a difficult task but not something you want to do in a parking garage as it gets dark.
My grandkids rolled in last night, this is a major oversite by Jeep for young families.
Yep, long since known.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/are-the-rear-headrest-removable.22197/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/can-rear-headrests-be-removed.23591/

Ricky

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I hear you, I discovered this the other day too. Very disappointing. Of all the things you look for and questions asked when researching a new car adjustable back head rests are not one of them.

I was taking my daughters car seat out to make it easier to remove the top and somehow the seat belt got locked around the head rest. After about a half hour I used a flat bar to pry the belt around the head rest.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
We have two kids who had car seats in my gladiator until they were in boosters. It’s true that they don’t raise or remove, but it’s easy to get the tether through by pivoting the headrests forward with the side button. I’ve done it about one hundred times. No pickup is easy with rear tethers, but the back of the cab is what makes that tough.

whysoserious

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2006 Rubicon
Occupation
Professional former employee
This might help...

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR
Occupation
Sales
This might help...

thats cool , just pull those rings out, not sure why I would want to do the 2nd part and take apart the seat only to store the pins essential , since the head rest doesnt stay in the adjusted height place anyways. glad I came across this thread tho, I too have car seats thats a paint to install around the head rest.

GeneralMaximus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
Great, another feature thats been around for decades(removable headrests) that the all-knowing Jeep engineers decided to reengineer for the worse. Thanks for the youtube hack, I am removing that metal clip asap.
Sponsored